A huge maintanance downtime is currently ongoing for Destiny 2 Servers on Xbox One and Playstation 4. Bungie’s maintanance team brought down the servers this morning to deploy a hotfix for the players ending at 11 a.m. PT, it didn’t go as expected though and the downtime is still on as we speak.
The hotfix will be available as 1.03 patch which is 4.795GB (on Playstation 4) and is downloadable right now even though Destiny 2 servers are not yet back up. This will fix bugs for Playstation 4 and Xbox One players when the servers are back online.
Bungie gave out a list with things to know about the upcoming update and notes that will save you a lot of time if anything goes wrong during the patch. You can see the notes below:
- Downloads that were in process may restart once the server is back online.
- Companion apps such as third-party apps will see their services disrupted while the company is doing server maintenance.
- If a player has trouble logging back into Destiny 2 after the hotfix has been implemented, they should try clearing their console cache, power cycling their network hardware or read through the Bungie’s network troubleshooting guide.
- There’s a common error code “Sheep” that will make it impossible to join a friend’s fireteam. If you face this, you may not have the latest version of the game. Bungie suggests that all players involved close the game and restart it.
- If your console has been having issues adding the update, it can be initiated manually.
- One of the most infamous bugs that has been plaguing the game comes in the form of a bug that appeared during the current Nightfall mission. Bungie may be working to fix this bug as well.
You can see the full update notes on Bungie’s website.
The hotfix is estimated to becomplete by 2p.m PDT and the Destiny 2 servers will by online at that time. Let’s hope that this time Bungie will not delay more even though the update seems like a big deal for the studio.