Xin Zhao Gameplay Update Finds “Meaningful and Interesting Decisions” in League of Legends
Xin Zhao is another champion that the developer believes is in dire need of changes in order to find himself a unique identity within League of Legends.
Posting on the official forums, game designer “Xenogenic” revealed that the upcoming gameplay update will largely preserve his mechanics for current players. However, proposed changes will make the champion flexible to contribute in both the early and late stages of a game. This includes a new ranged ability as well as modifications to his ultimate ability to shred individual targets even during team-fights.
New Passive – Determination
- The passive portion of Battlecry (every third hit deals bonus damage and heals Xin) was transferred to the overall passive for his kit.
New W – Wind Becomes Lightning
- This is a 2 part flowing attack with his spear that includes a sweeping slash in front of Xin, followed by a long-range thrust.
- Slash – deals damage in a cone in front of Xin.
- Thrust – deals higher damage at long range and slows targets hit for 1.5 seconds.
- The attack speed steroid that Battlecry provided is now rewarded after dashing to targets with E (Audacious Charge)
R modified- now called Crescent Guard
- Xin Zhao’s ultimate is still an instant cast sweeping circle that knocks enemies back and deals damage. The knockback still excludes the last target he dashed to or attacked.
- NEW: For 3 seconds after casting Crescent Guard, Xin Zhao creates a zone around himself and will block damage dealt to him from champions outside of his guard area. The duration of this stance is extended slightly every time Xin Zhao attacks an enemy champion.
Take note that Xin Zhao is not only receiving updates to his abilities but also animations, sound and visual effects, icons, and more. Expect a brand new splash art for his base self as well, with possibly more to follow later on. That being said, the update should not be taken on the same massive scale as that of Warwick. The developer clarified that it only took the opportunity to improve a few aspects in terms of quality.
More details will follow once Xin Zhao receives the gameplay update on the Public Beta Environment (PBE) tomorrow. There is no telling as to when the changes will go live everyone else.
Elsewhere, we are quickly approaching the 2017 League of Legends World Championship. It will begin on September 23 and run through to November 4. China will be playing host this year, featuring a brand new tournament format, with the grand finals taking place in the famous Beijing National Stadium, also known as the Bird’s Nest.