Razer Basilisk Features Esports-Grade Optical Sensor For “Ultimate” Accuracy
The Razer Basilisk is a new product from the the leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals for competitive players in the first-person shooter genre.
The company is claiming it to be the “ultimate gaming mouse” for those wanting smooth performance and extreme precision. Hence, the peripheral is naturally powered by Razer Chroma. Besides that, it features an advanced optical sensor that is designed specifically for esports and a dial at the bottom that allows the player to customize the resistance of the scroll wheel for a more personalized experience.
In addition, the Razer Basilisk comes equipped with a removable clutch plate for the thumb that changes sensitivity on the fly. This can be changed through the proprietary software to function for pretty much anything else in a game, such as binding it for reloading or push-to-talk.
- Razer 5G optical sensor with true 16,000 DPI
- Up to 450 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration
- Razer™ Mechanical Mouse Switches
- Eight independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- Gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel with customizable resistance
- Ergonomic right-handed design with enhanced rubber side grips
- Razer Chroma™ lighting with true 16.8 million customizable color options
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling
- Razer Synapse 3 (Beta) enabled
- Approximate size: 124 mm / 4.88 in (Length) X 75 mm / 2.94 in (Width) X 43 mm / 1.69 in (Height)
- Approximate weight 107 g / 0.24 lbs (Excluding cable)
“The customizability of the Razer Basilisk sets it apart from other FPS mice, and is something that we’re incredibly proud of,” said Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan. “This is a mouse designed for tweaking that last ounce of performance out of each gamer’s specific FPS playstyle. For games like CS:GO, PUBG, Quake, and the likes, there’s nothing better.”
The Razer Basilisk will be available for purchase in the coming week for $70 in North America. The rest of the world will have to wait until later in the year, with the price tag adjusting accordingly to the currency equivalent. More information can be obtained through the official product listing.