Radeon ReLive Edition 17.8.2: AMD Vega 64 Gets 18% Boost In Performance In PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
Radeon ReLive Edition 17.8.2 driver update brings some performance improvements for AMD Vega GPUs. AMD Vega 64 gets an 18% boost in performance in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds as compared to the previous driver update. We also see a small boost in performance in F1 2017, 4% to be exact. Radeon ReLive Edition 17.8.2 also brings support for Destiny 2 Beta.
AMD has had some issues in the past when it cames to providing software support to their hardware, but much has changed over the years and AMD has learned from its mistakes. Now we are getting regular updates and at times the updates are quicker than Nvidia. The new driver update also introduces some fixes.
The Problem with Wattman overclocking utility, where the program may not reach applied overclock has been addressed in this update. Updates are not perfect and there are always some known issues. Same is the case with Radeon ReLive Edition 17.8.2. Following are the known issues for the driver update:
- Mouse stuttering may be observed on some Radeon RX graphics products when Radeon WattMan is open and running in the background or other third party GPU information polling apps are running in the background.
- GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX®11 applications.
- Windows Media Player may experience an application hang during video playback if Radeon ReLive is actively recording desktop.
- Secondary displays may show corruption or green screen when the display/system enters sleep or hibernate with content playing.
- After resuming from sleep and playing back video content the system may become unresponsive on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Bezel compensation in mixed mode Eyefinity cannot be applied.
Be sure to update to Radeon ReLive Edition 17.8.2 in order to get the most out of your hardware.
Let us know what you think about the Radeon ReLive Edition 17.8.2 driver update and whether or not you will be checking out the Destiny 2 PC Beta.