In an attempt to add more flavor to the Battlefield 1 experience, new specializations will be introduced next month to adjust the performance of each class.
These work similarly to the perks found in the Call of Duty franchise. There are fifteen specializations in total, with two dedicated to each of the four classes. Everyone will start off with the same three basic specializations, but the rest can be unlocked by completing new Service Assignments. The process is similar to how new weaponry is placed behind Weapon Assignments.
According to the developer, the upcoming specializations will help tailor the classes for players in Battlefield 1. Some may drastically improve the nature of a class in terms of offense or defense, while others may provide certain situational benefits. There is naturally the question of balance and looking back at the past months, it is with certainty that there will be a number of requests at dialing back some of the more popular specializations.
- Flak: Incoming damager from explosions is reduced by 15%
- Cover: Incoming suppression is reduced by 25%
- Quick Regen: Decrease time before Out of Combat Heal by 20%
- Quick Unspot: Decrease length of time you are Spotted by 2 seconds
- Bayonet Training: Bayonet charge lasts longer and recovers more quickly
- Hasty Retreat: Increase your maximum sprint speed by 10% whilst you are Suppressed
- Camouflage: When moving slowly or stationary you are invisible to Spot Flares
- Juggernaut: Your Gas Mask also reduces explosive damage by 15% (does stack)
- Controlled Demolition: TNT is now detonated sequentially
- Unbreakable: Incoming suppression is reduced by 75% when your Bipod is deployed
- Pin Down: The Duration an enemy remains spotted is extended via Suppression
- Stimulant Syringe: Reviving an ally give you both a 20% sprint speed for 8 seconds (Does not stack)
- Concealed Rescue: Downed Squad Mates within 20m drop smoke to cover their revival (40s cooldown)
- Scapegoat: A decoy is automatically deployed when struck below 35 health by a distant enemy (30s cooldown)
- Perimeter Alarm: When your Trip Mine is triggered enemies within 15m are marked on the mini-map
The new specializations will be introduced to Battlefield 1 once In the Name of the Tsar, the next expansion pack, officially releases in September. Most recently, we were able to familiarize ourselves with most of the new upcoming weapons.