The much-awaited new patch has finally gone live for Tekken 7 on the PlayStation 4, bringing a few improvements and game design modifications.
This patch is the one which series director Katsuhiro Harada stated would address the issue of input lag on the console. However, the patch notes strangely make no mention of it. There is the possibility that it is an undocumented change. After all, except for veterans not many would even notice betterment in this regard. Either that or the developer plans to release a separate hot-fix in the days to come.
The patch also fixes the recently reported bug where Eliza was able to execute unlimited amount of supers regardless of any meter requirements. The timely address will be appreciated by the fighting game community since we are just days away from the start of the Evolution Championship Series (EVO 2017).
Improved match makings in Online modes
- Now it takes less time to find an opponent in Online modes.
- Improved usability in Player Match.
More opportunities for players to navigate through the menu in Player Match sessions
- This change should allow players to leave sessions more easily.
Adjusted the restriction of the revenge match in Ranked Match
- Now players can have unlimited revenge matches with the same opponent in Ranked Match.
Fixed a revenge match related issue
- Fixed an issue where an opponent’s character and name are sometimes changed upon having revenge matches.
Made some sound volume adjustments in Jukebox
- Adjusted the BGM volume in Jukebox for TEKKEN 1, TEKKEN 2, TEKKEN3 and TEKKEN4.
Made some color adjustments to certain Customization items
- This is to fix an issue where players can set certain color values (Black) to certain items in a way that was not originally intended by the dev.
Adjusted Leo’s Character Customization
- Fixed an issue where Leo’s upper body disappears when equipping certain items.
Game design adjustments
- Adjusted some behaviors in the game regarding certain character’s moves.
- Fixed an issue where some characters’ throw moves don’t properly reflect Rage state.
According to Bandai Namco, an update for Xbox One and PC is scheduled to drop this week as well. Announcements will be made soon once the date draws nearer.