PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Latest Update arrived in June that greatly improved the overall performance of the game and servers and added many new features in the game. Some of these features include movement while looting, new weapons, vehicle orientation, weather settings, and more.
It’s paramount that the avid players of the game learn about these changes as the changes kind of affect the overall strategy. Keeping this in mind, we have provided an overview of the everything you need to know about PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds latest update and how to play around it!
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Latest Update Rundown
In this article, we’ve detailed everything you need to know about the latest PlayerUnkown’s Battlegrounds:
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Latest Update
Two new weapons have been added in the game: P18C and Groza. Groza is the next assault rifle addition to PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. It will utilize 7.62mm ammo. This is a powerful weapon as it is only available via Care packages.
P18C, on the other hand, is side-arm. What sets it apart from others is that it can switch its firing mode from semi-automatic to fully automatic. This has very high rate of fire in fully automatic so you must always keep it with you if you find it. It will perform even better now since the developers have increased the speed at which you pull out your pistols.
You can now also open doors and interact with vehicles and objects during reloading. However, if you are reloading and you interact with something, it will cancel your reload. It is still better than before when you were locked in a full reload timer.
Not but not the least, the developers have also added two new weather settings. These are random and you cannot select them yet. You can play on Sunset and Clear Skies weather, which reduces or heighten your visibility respectively.
Below you can find full patch notes for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds June Monthly Update:
- Improved network performance by reducing the amount of data being sent from the server to the client.
- Reduced network lag by preventing a large amount of data being sent from the server to the client simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue of frame drop when other characters were around by optimizing nearby characters.
- Fixed an issue of frame drop when vehicles were around by optimizing vehicles.
- Optimized the starting airplane and Care Package airplanes.
- Improved rendering performance of weapons from far-off.
- Made improvements to the weapon animations.
- Optimized many in-game effects, including the red zone bombing effect.
- Improved many UI features.
- Improved features regarding rainy weather
- Added Groza. Groza is an AR chambered for 7.62mm ammo, and can only be acquired in Care Packages.
- Added P18C. P18C is a pistol chambered for 9mm ammo with a full auto fire-mode.
- Vector and UMP now support burst mode.
- You can now pick up items while moving. The interaction animation will not force you to stop anymore, but make you walk slowly.
- You may interact with doors, items, or vehicles while reloading. Reloads will be canceled with such interactions.
- The screen will be gradually desaturated based on remaining health during the REVIVE state.
- Blood effect does not appear during the REVIVE state anymore.
- Adjusted kill count system in Duo and Squad modes. A person knocking an opponent out will receive a kill count regardless of the actual killer.
- Adjusted F key (interaction) to prioritize the REVIVE action in certain cases
- You can now pull out pistols faster.
- Fire mode can no longer be switched during reload.
- Adjusted the play area to spawn more evenly within a circle, so that the play area does not appear in the center so frequently.
- Adjusted default quantity to be selected at 1 when pressing CTRL key at inventory to partially drop or pick up items.
- Adjusted motorcycle and motorcycle with sidecar to move more smoothly.
- You can no longer switch to/from prone while picking up items.
- Red Dot Sight is now attachable to pistols, except for the revolver.
- Increased the recoil on UMP.
- Added two new weather settings: Sunset and Clear Skies.
- Added destructible cabins.
- Added new animation for when a character is at the speed of taking fall damage.
Items and Vehicles
- Adjusted vehicles to face random directions at spawn.
- Adjusted loot balance for certain items.
- VSS will no longer be found in Care Packages. It will remain to be spawned in the map.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire AR Silencers, SR Silencers, and 4x Scopes in Care Packages.
- Spawn rate of UMP was slightly decreased.
- Spawn rate of UZI was slightly increased.
- Level 1 Helmet was being spawned at a much higher rate than the Level 1 Vest, and the spawn rate was adjusted so that both items will be spawned at a similar rate.
- Increased spawn rate of items in regions and buildings with relatively low spawn rate.
- Changed the names of certain weapon attachments.
- Adjusted the spawn time of vehicles and speedboats, so that they can be seen from farther away.
- Improved the starting airplanes.
- Cargo door opens when participants get ejected from the airplane.
- Optimized lighting inside and outside of the airplane.
- Adjusted the direction of teammate icons to the direction the teammate faces.
- Added teammate list on World Map.
- Improved character’s recoil animation.
- Removed death marks of teammates after a certain period of time or distance away from the place of death.
- Added three new languages: Thai, Indonesian, and Vietnamese.
- Fixed an issue when the voice chat volume blasted momentarily after getting on an airplane.
- Fixed an issue where the character was not at the center of the screen while on a parachute.
- If you reload into game while in a parachute, you will still be in the parachute.
- Prevented users from removing outer walls of buildings by deleting certain files.
- Partially fixed a bug that caused a character to be stuck in terrain.
- Fixed a bug that caused a character to be misplaced after getting in a vehicle.
- Fixed a bug that caused effects to look identical underwater and outside of water.
- Fixed a bug that caused a character to make an interaction motion trying to pick up an item when there is no inventory space.
- Fixed a client crash that occurred when fences were destroyed.
- Fixed an issue of invisible fences even after destruction.
This concludes the complete list of all the new features, improvements and changes in the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Latest Update.