Assassin’s Creed Origins will be the main feature in the upcoming issue of Game Informer magazine and the game also seems to be on the cover as well. A copy of the magazine has been leaked and we have some new details regarding the game and what you can expect. Assassin’s Creed Origins will be one of the first third-party games to be optimized for Microsoft Project Scorpio.
It has been hinted that the game will run at 4K 30 FPS on the upcoming console, this is great news for Assassin’s Creed fans who are waiting to get their hands on the new game as well as the new Microsoft Project Scorpio 4K gaming console. The game will be coming out for previous consoles as well but it has been confirmed that it will look and perform better on Scorpio.
According to reports, the game will be released on October 27th but that has not been confirmed by developers yet so you should take this bit of information with a grain of salt. New details regarding the game are as follows:
- Takes place during the rise of Cleopatra
- New fighting and movement systems (no more sprint button)
- Swimming is back, with plenty to find underwater
- A second playable character
- Wild animals will attack not only the player but each other
- You can add arrows blocked with your shield to your inventory
- RPG-lite leveling system with multiple branches (Seer, Warrior, Hunter)
- Gladiator battles in arena
The following has details have been found from the leaked copy of Game Informer magazine:
Assassin’s Creed Origins is one of the first games to support Microsoft’s new Project Scorpio console, and we have a hands-on time with it to see if the game is noticeably improved on the most powerful hardware.
We will be able to learn more about Assassin’s Creed Origins as well as Microsoft Project Scorpio at E3 but word has it that the upcoming console will be priced at $399 and it has been hinted in the E3 teasers.