Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.1 Adds Support For DiRT 4, AMD RX 580 Gets 30% Performance Boost
Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.1 is now live and the new driver update adds support for the new Dirt 4 game. Multiple GPUs are also supported and according to AMD the RX 580 gets a 50% performance boost when running the game with 8xMSAA, as compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.5.2.
There are also some minor performance upgrades related to prey. AMD release notes claim that the RX 580 performs 4% better when running Prey as compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.5.2. If you are rocking an RX 580 GPU then you are in for a treat, especially if you were planning on playing these 2 titles.
AMD has realized that software support is just as necessary as good hardware and that is why the company is providing timely driver updates to enhance user experience. Here are some of the issues that have been fixed in the new update:
- Virtual Super Resolution may fail to enable on some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
- HDR may fail to enable on some displays for QHD or higher resolutions.
- Flickering may be observed on some Radeon RX 500 series products when using HDMI® with QHD high refresh rate displays.
- AMD XConnect: Systems with Modern Standby enabled may experience a system hang after resuming from hibernation.
- Fast mouse movement may cause an FPS drop or stutter in Prey® when running in Multi-GPU system configurations.
Like always where there are fixes there are also some new issues and here are some of the known issues with the new Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.1 update:
- Graphical corruption may be experienced in Tom Clancy’s™: Rainbow Six Siege when MSAA is enabled.
- Adobe™ Lightroom may experience an application crash with GPU acceleration enabled on Windows® 7 system configurations using Radeon RX 390 Series graphics products.
- A few apps may experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
You can check out all the details from the official release notes.
Let us know how Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.6.1 has worked out for you.