Balrog Gets Last-Minute Invincibility Buffs for This Week’s Street Fighter V Update
Balrog is getting more options for his Turn Punch; including frame-invincibility against throws, projectiles, and attacks. This is likely going to result in a few frowns from the fighting game community, who have been vocal about the boxer being a bit too overwhelming in his current form. R.Mika has received a bit of a nerf, with the slight reduction of the hit-box of Passion Press. Finally, Dhalsim has received love for his heavy punch and back-throw.
- Level 1 – 6 Motion: Added throw invincibility for frames 1-18F.
- Level 1 – 3 Motion: Changed to upper body and projectile invincibility from frames 3-18F.
- Level 4 – 6 Motion: Changed to attack and projectile invincibility from frames 3-18F.
- Level 7 – 10 (Final) Motion: Changed to complete invincibility from frames 1-18F
- Hitbox was reduced
Stand Heavy Punch
- Changed the total frames from 44F ⇒ 42F
- Reduced the distance from the opponent after hit.
Last month, Capcom announced that it would be delaying the release of both the next character as well as the long-awaited balance patch. The decision was based on the fact that the developer needs to do additional testing in order to further optimize its online services. Apparently, Capcom is more than satisfied with the feedback obtained from last week’s testing.
The long-awaited patch will release on May 30. It will bundle the launch of the overhauled Capcom Fighters Network (CFN), the new downloadable character Ed, a long list of balance changes for several characters, and the release of a couple of stages. In addition, the Capcom Pro Tour 2017 Premier Pass will kick in with new Fight Money targets.
Street Fighter V looks better than ever, and is available now on PlayStation 4 and PC.