Outlast 2 is a horror-survival game where players have to survive equipped with nothing but a camera. Being a horror game it makes sense that it is difficult, however, some gamers raised concerns that perhaps the game was too difficult. Well, Red Barrell Studio listened to the feedback and delivered with latest Outlast 2 patch.
The Outlast 2 patch is live for the PC version, as for the PC and Xbox One version owners, they will have to wait a bit longer. With this patch, devs have made Outlast 2 less punishing by toning down the game’s difficulty. Aside from making adjustments to the difficulty, Outlast 2 patch brings fixes and subtle optimizations.
The patch also brings a bit changes to the gameplay like microphone no longer requires extra batteries and the size of the subtitles has been increased. The patch also brings graphical fixes for game and fixes the issue where players were losing their saves files due to Steam failing to sync. Check out the full patch notes below.
- Global rebalancing of the game difficulty.
- Microphone no longer uses extra batteries.
- Increased the size of subtitles.
- Fixed an issue on Intel HD 4000 cards where most dynamic lights were missing.
- Fixed an issue where flickering black squares appear in the center of the screen at some specific resolutions.
- Fixed an issue with alternate controller mappings and the camcorder UI.
- Fixed an issue with double doors where one of them is locked.
- Fixed an issue causing lost save games when Steam somehow fails to initialize.
- Fixed some heretic sound effects.
- Fixed multiple minor gameplay issues (collisions, crawling, tutorials, etc.)
- Fixed multiple rare crashes.
- Added a “-refreshrate 60” command-line parameter to specify a preferred refresh rate (replace 60 by the desired refresh rate).
- Added a “-notexturelimit” command-line parameter to remove texture size limits based on VRAM amount.
- Added a “-borderless” command-line parameter to use borderless fullscreen and not have to edit INI files.
Outlast 2 is a first-person horror survival game developed by Red Barrels Studio for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.