A new update has arrived on the Community Test Environment (CTE), which introduces major changes to the Battlefield 1 bayonet charge attack mechanics.
Firstly, the damage reduction while charging has been completely removed. All weapons will now hit for normal damage. Secondly, the turn-rate has been slightly reduced and players can also no longer strafe while charging.
It is important to note that activating the Battlefield 1 bayonet charge will now put players in a preparation state for a few seconds. During this time, they can rotate a bit to adjust their path. However, once fully in motion, players will not be able to go off course.
On the other hand, DICE has given the attack move a subtle boost. Infantry will rush towards targets much faster than before, surprising enemies and inducing panic.
The following are the complete Battlefield 1 bayonet charge changes:
- Activated aiming speed modifier during prepare state as well as charge state.
- This means a player can rotate a maximum of 50 degrees during the prepare state. Also added an input modifier disabling strafe while charging.
- Adding subtle boost to 3P footsteps when bayonet charging to increase threat awareness. Boosted volume of Enemy VO for Bayonet Charge when close to player.
- Slightly reduced maximum turn rate while charging.
- Removed damage reduction while in charge. Weapons will now hit charging players for normal damage.
Elsewhere in the update, a handy UI has been introduced for grenade resupply. A bug where players could spot scope glint through the walls has been squashed, as well as another bug where the audio from bipod would persist when switching weapons. In addition, the criteria for cross-class medals to require single-shot rifles has been tweaked.
For those awaiting changes to the netcode, the latest CTE update slightly adjusts the regional ping limit by increasing it from 100 ms to 130 ms for North America and Europe. It will, though, be set at 200 ms elsewhere. The minor increment in the west will probably help players who see their pings fluctuate while playing. However, it will make no difference to those connecting from outside the countries.