New Heimerdinger Update Aims Mid-Lane Viability in League of Legends
With the mid-season changes around the corner, Riot Games is now looking to push a new Heimerdinger update in the coming months for League of Legends.
Over the years, the developer has adjusted the champion a number of times, even reworking the inventor at one point to reset the board. However, any changes have only ended in making him either too overpowering or an easily discarded target for enemy champions. The latest Heimerdinger update sees Riot Games take up the challenge once again, hoping to make the champion viable for competitive play.
Posting on the official forums, associate game designer Fizz Enthusiast highlighted that one of the overall goals is to reduce the amount of punishment melee champions can do to Heimerdinger. For this, the developer is introducing a new gameplay mechanic that allows his turrets to specifically target threats.
In short, the Heimerdinger update will allow players to tag enemy champions and then rely on positioning as the turrets do their job. This should result in a more comfortable time against melee opponents who must now deal with multiple targets and not just the yordle.
The changelist can be browsed below. However, take note that all upcoming changes are subject to change based on feedback. They should arrive on the Public Beta Environment (PBE) soon, with an official release scheduled for Patch 7.10 later this month.
- HP Regen: 2.2 (+0.35) >>> 1.4 (+0.11)
Passive: Hextech Affinity (P)
- Moves 20% faster around turrets (SR turrets and his own turrets) – 300 range.
- Base Damage: 12 / 18 / 24 / 30 / 36 (+0.15) >>> 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18 (+0.3)
- Cooldown: 24 – 20 >>> 20
- Turrets can hold: 1 / 2 / 2 / 3 / 3 >>> 3
- Beam attack time to charge: 16 >>> 50
- Mana Cost: 70 – 110 >>> 50 – 90
- Cooldown: 11 >>> 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7
- Each rocket hit on champions charges 20% of each nearby turret’s beam attack.
- Grenade hitbox: 210 >>> 250 (stun hitbox stays the same)
- Cooldown: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 >>> 12
- A successful E hit on a champion charges all nearby turrets to full beam charge.
Big Turret (RQ)
- Given that RQ doesn’t consume a cooldown, this is likely to be used in a lot of cases. Didn’t feel impetus to change it (was exploring some iterations where it was used as a sieging tool (attacks slowly, but has high range and low in-combat value to nuke down turrets).
Big Rockets (RW)
- Still feel like this spell is usable on follow up CC and sometimes off a grenade stun hit, but didn’t feel comfortable increasing its damage.
Big Grenade (RE)
- Base Damage: 150 / 200 / 250 >>> 150 / 250 / 350
- AP Ratio: 60% >>> 90%