PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds early access update is out now with new weapons, performance improvements, and a plethora of bug fixes. However, the developers have made it clear that this update will not be fixing everything at once. There are still issues that needs to be resolved with future updates.
PlayerUnknown stressed that the players should feel free to provide feedback on Steam or on the official website. The previous update was also a significant one so the pattern suggest that PlayerUnknown is taking note of the feedback before releasing performance and content updates.
One of the most notable aspects of this update is the FPS improvement. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds early access update improves framerate drops, especially, when in the vicinity of Yasnaya, Polyana & Georgopol. Here are changes coming to improve performance:
- Made some improvements to address the issue of FPS drops when opening the inventory UI
- Reduced the load on the CPU through instance rendering so that the GPUs can function to their full capabilities
- Made improvements to address the issue of FPS severely dropping when in the vicinity of Yasnaya, Polyana & Georgopol
- Rendering performance on PCs with minimum system requirements has been improved
- Graphic performance and quality on PCs with minimum system requirements has been improved
Based on community feedback, developers have also added motorbikes to the mix as well. Players can now ride Motorbike w/ sidecar. Along with the new bikes we have cosmetic items as well including Ballistic Mask, 3 new color variations for the Dacia, and popular demand has brought back the crossbow to Battlegrounds.
Content update side of the patch notes is:
- Added Vector SMG. A very powerful SMG most appropriate for short to mid-range combat that is spawned in the world
- Added Motorbike w/ sidecar. A sidecar-less version will be added in a future update
- Added a 2X Aimpoint scope
- Added a Ballistic Mask
- Added 3 new color variations for the Dacia
- Added the crossbow back into the game
The full patch notes show plenty of other details so make sure to check them out. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is now available on PC via Steam. The title is in early access but but a final release date shouldn’t be too far off.