Get to Know Dark Star: Singularity, the New League of Legends Game Mode
Following a series of teasers, Riot Games has finally unveiled the new upcoming League of Legends game mode as Dark Star: Singularity.
It will take place in a brand new map called “Cosmic Ruins,” which is basically a smaller version of the Summoner’s Rift. According to the announcement, Dark Star: Singularity will pit two teams of three players against each other in a round-based mode.
As was evident from previous teasers, players will be limited to only Dark Star Thresh and must use a slightly tweaked kit of abilities to force opponents into a black hole. Doing so will earn the team points and the first o achieve 100 points will gain victory.
“Play as Thresh to hook and flay your enemies into the Dark Star and feed it souls, helping Thresh cause the Singularity and end the universe!” stated Riot Games.
The following explains just how Thresh will play in the upcoming new League of Legends game mode.
Death Sentence (Q):
- Range increased and cooldown decreased for efficient soul harvesting.
- If you throw a Death Sentence through the center of the Dark Star, it lights on fire and does bonus damage
- Pulls enemies much farther based on their missing health
Dark Passage (W):
- An ally in danger will be automatically saved by Dark Passage, without them needing to click on the lantern.
- (Cooldown actually increased some, and no longer gives a shield, though!)
- Throws enemies much farther based on their missing health, cooldown decreased.
- The passive part (bonus magic damage on next hit) charges much faster and hits harder.
The Box (R):
- Not available on the Cosmic Ruins. Thresh doesn’t need his box to end the universe.
Speaking of Dark Star Thresh, the Public Beta Environment (PBE) recently received two new Dark Star skins for Orianna and Kha’Zix. Both are priced at 1350 RP each and feature all-new character models, special effects, voice overs, and animations.