Destiny 2 Collector’s Edition pre-order is going to be available on April 9. Bungie’s latest shooter will release alongside a premium priced version. News of the collector edition being available starting April 9 leaked via Amazon Live Support.
The $250 Destiny 2 Collector’s Edition will feature:
- The Destiny base game in a SteelBook case
- A Destiny 2 Expansion Pass for two upcoming expansions with new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer, new weapons, armor, and gear
- A Destiny 2 Customizable Frontier Bag
- 15” Laptop/Tablet Sleeve with protective pocket slip
- A Frontier Kit, featuring a Solar panel USB charger with built-in light, paracord, a solar blanket
- Booklet with secrets into the Cabal Empire
- A Cabal Schematic
- Collectible Postcard Images
- Cabal Military Pawns
- Legendary Sword
- Legendary Player Emote
- Cabal Empire Themed Emblem
Like the original game, the sequel will have a healthy flow of post-release content.
Destiny 2 expansions are going to be a huge part of Bungie’s monetization plans going forward. The recently announced Destiny 2 will release on September 8 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Bungie is also gearing up the game’s expansion packs which we now know will start hitting stores starting Fall 2017.
According to a FAQ page sent out to GameStop stores in the United States, Expansion I will release in Fall 2017. Expansion II on the other hand, is going to be available in Spring 2018.
Bungie is gearing up to show Destiny 2 on April 15 before doing a full reveal with solid details at E3 2017. Sony will do the honors and is expected to show the exclusive PlayStation content from Destiny 2.
Moreover, while you won’t be able to transfer everything from Destiny to Destiny 2, players who have completed the Black Garden Story missions and are Level 20 or above can transfer their class, race, gender, face, hair, and markings.
For more on Destiny 2, stay tuned.