The highly anticipated Journey to Un’Goro patch has finally gone live, preparing Hearthstone for the imminent arrival of the new expansion pack.
Besides bringing all the new cards to the live servers, the Journey to Un’Goro patch also adds a new Rogue hero for the community. Maiev Shadowsong can be unlocked by winning ten games in either the ranked or casual modes of Hearthstone. However, the cosmetic upgrade will only be available once the new expansion pack launches, which should be as soon as tomorrow.
As confirmed earlier, the new Journey to Un’Goro patch also rotates every card from Blackrock Mountain, The Grand Tournament, and League of Explorers. In addition, six other cards are being sent to the Hall of Fame: Azure Drake, Sylvanas Windrunner, Ragnaros the Firelord, Power Overwhelming (Warlock), Ice Lance (Mage), and Conceal (Rogue).
Note that the cards are being retired from standard play, but will still be available for use in the Wild format.
With the new patch, the Year of the Mammoth has officially begun for Hearthstone. It is vital that players quickly update their clients in order to receive a free Golden Volcanosaur card. It is the last reward from the developer’s daily login rewards initiative, which concludes tomorrow. As such, the community has the next twenty-four hours to login to their clients and receive the freebie to celebrate the new season.
You can go through the patch notes below:
- The Journey to Un’Goro commences soon! Hearthstone’s latest expansion takes brave explorers on an expedition to a primordial land packed with wonders. . . and danger! It introduces 135 all-new cards—including crackling elementals, gigantic dinosaurs, and a new card type: Quests!
- This update completes preparations for the Year of the Mammoth. The new Hearthstone year begins once Journey to Un’Goro goes live!
- Maiev Shadowsong, a new Rogue Hero, has emerged from the shadows! Win 10 Standard Ranked or Casual mode games after Journey to Un’Goro goes live to add her to your collection.
- This update adds functionality to support the upcoming Fireside Gatherings Tavern closed beta test.
- Participation in the closed beta test will be limited to select Fireside Gatherings initially, but we’ll be expanding Taverns to everyone once this phase of testing is complete!
- Taverns UI elements may be present, but non-functional, for some players while this test is under way.
- A new tooltip displays the number of cards in your hand.
- Improved consistency of some card text.
- [Android] You can now download Hearthstone data directly to an SD card during initial installation.