Malaysian University Promises to Make You God-Like in Dota 2
The Asia Pacific University of Malaysia is offering an extensive course which claims to transform enrolled students into professional Dota 2 athletes.
It is called “APU Esports Malaysia Academy Skills Certificate in Defense of the Ancients 2” and is divided between three different levels: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. Each program spans over three months, meaning that starting from first-base will take you nine months to go through all three levels.
During this period, students will learn about the fundamentals of playing Dota 2 and be educated in the vast industry of esports. In addition, the university promises to teach about team dynamics and communication, adapting to different situations, understanding the meta, perfecting decision making, and more.
The entire course is planned out to make sure that students have a better chance of achieving success in Dota 2 and make a name for themselves in the highly competitive esports market.
Learning Objectives & Outcomes:
- Develop essential skills required in competitive gaming of the subject matter:
- Build understanding and strengthen game knowledge
- Improve individual play styles
- Train game senses and reflexes
- Develop understanding of team dynamics, effective teamwork, sportsmanship and good play ethics
- Develop a range of soft skills such as leadership, perseverance, critical thinking, decision-making, problem- solving, communication and others
As for criteria, students interested in applying for the introductory program must have a public matchmaking rating of at least 3,000 MMR. Those wishing to learn from the university’s intermediate course must have a matchmaking rating of over 4,000 MMR and have prior tournament experience. Finally, there is the Advanced course which seeks students with more than 5,500 MMR and who have the drive to enter professional high-level tournaments.
Admissions are open, with classes starting from April 22.