Nintendo Japan Shows Mario Kart 8 Deluxe And Its New Features for Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Japan has published on YouTube a video that shows the new features of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, releasing exclusively for Switch.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will feature 48 tracks and 42 characters, including King Boo, Dry Bones, Bowser Jr, and Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl from Splatoon 2. Also, the Battle Mode – already seen in Mario Kart 8 Wii U – has been improved and will now include the following:
- Renegade Roundup: Making its debut in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, this new mode has one team trying to capture the other and put them into jail before time runs out. The opposing team must try to escape and can break their own teammates out of prison by pressing a button under the jail cell.
- Balloon Battle: In this oldie but goodie, players earn points by popping balloons on the back of their opponents’ karts.
- Bob-omb Blast: Originally seen in the Mario Kart: Double Dash game, this mode finds players throwing a barrage of Bob-ombs at opponents.
- Coin Runners: By racing across the Battle course, players try to collect the most coins as possible in this fast and frenetic mode introduced in Mario Kart Wii.
- Shine Thief: Steal the coveted Shine Sprite and try to hold onto it for a 20 count in this classic multiplayer Battle mode.
Furthermore, Mario Kart 8 deluxe will support the driving assist feature, helping newcomers to drive without crashing every time.
Wanna play with your friends? No problem. These are the ways you can enjoy the game with other people:
- Up to four users can play on a single Switch in TV mode/tabletop mode.
- Up to two local racers can try the 12-player races with others around the world.
- Up to eight people can play in the same room thanks to Wireless Play.
- Up to 12 consoles in TV mode can be connected via LAN Play (with one or two players per connected Nintendo Switch).
This, and more, in the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Overview trailer.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will launch for Nintendo Switch on April 28th, 2017.