Minecraft has Sold More Copies Than GTA 5 and GTA 4 Combined
Minecraft just can’t stop having success. Microsoft has announced, in fact, that the game has sold over 121 million copies on different platforms, having more than 55 million players active every month. It is a huge result for the company.
44 million were the users reported being monthly active in June while the copies sold were 100 million back then.
This is the Tweet shared on the official profile of the game:
Hurrah! Sending a big thank you to all our amazing players. pic.twitter.com/5RaD1dpW65
— Minecraft (@Minecraft) February 27, 2017
Minecraft has also recently received its update 1.41 on PlayStation 4, addressing some problems and fixing certain bugs. Changes introduced by this update are detailed below:
- Added new trophies for Survival
- Added new trophies for Tumble
- Added Villains Skin Pack trial
- Fix for Slab blocks not blocking light
- Fix for Blazes not dropping Glowstone Dust
- Fix for Chickens not dropping cooked chicken when they die on fire
- Fix for Zombie Pigmen not dropping gold ingots
- Fix for Dead Bushes not dropping sticks
- Fix for Wither Skeletons being able to walk through two block high spaces
- Fix for incorrect lighting in the area where a player has spawned
- Fixed some occasions where End Gateways would be broken
- Fixed incorrect tooltips when using a variety of different items
Minecraft is currently available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Android, iOS and PC.