After the mixed reviews of Unity and Syndicate, Ubisoft has decided to take a break from developing Assassin’s Creed games.
However, a year and half has passed ever since (Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate launched on October 23, 2015) and it seems the company is back with a new chapter. There’s been a lot of talking about Assassin’s Creed: Egypt – this should be the name of the game according to rumors – but never as now since an interesting stolen image has appeared on Reddit.
This screenshot seems to be legit, especially because of the presence of the series’ logo on the shield’s back. The setting is also plausible – is the character in the middle of pyramid? – but again, nothing is confirmed so far and it’s a rumor for the time being.
Assassin’s Creed: Egypt is far from being released, but there’s no need to hurry and ruin everything. Ubisoft must take their time to develop the title and make things the right way, something the company is already doing according to CEO Yves Guillemot.
During a recent meeting with the investors, Guillemot has said that the game is coming along good and could release somewhere in 2018.
What we saw during the development of the next Assassin’s Creed game was that we had an opportunity to itto another level.
So we said we’ll take all the time it takes to make the everything fantastic. It wasn’t hard to do because we have other games. There’s a huge potential in this title to revolutionize the IP, so we said, “Let’s make sure we change our model so we have more time and that we can bring back a greater experience.
What are you expecting from this game? Are you still interested in the series?