Niantic recently released a new update that added gen 2 evolutions to the mix. Pokemon Go Gen 2 Evolutions are available for a handful of Pokemon including Crobat, Marill, and more.
With the new of gen 2, many Pokemon got their first evolutions while others got an extra one or split evolution as many call it. Below is the list of evolutions but keep in mind that some are not easy to get. Pokemon Go gen 2 rare evolutions will require extensive playtime and commitment to the cause.
- Poliwhirl to Politoed – split
- Eevee to Espeon – split
- Onix to Steelix
- Golbat to Crobat
- Gloom to Bellossom – split
- Scyther to Scizor
- Eevee to Umbreon – split
- Slowpoke to Slowking – split
- Chansey to Blissey
- Seadra to Kingdra
- Porygon to Porygon 2
Each evolution requires a certain amount of candy and you need to have a base level Pokemon in your Pokedex. You usually need 100 candy to evolve a rare Pokemon, 25 to 50 for a common. For example, evolve a Marill into Azumarill you need 100 candy. Meanwhile, to power up the base Pokemon you need 4500 stardust and 4 Marill Candy.
Pokemon gen 2 evolutions require evolution items and they can be collected from Pokestops, similar to Pokemon Go Eggs. Pokemon Go Rare Evolution, Evolutions, and split evolutions, all require evolutions items. You can use Pokemon Go gen 2 evolutions
- 25 Eevee candy for Espeon Evolution – split
- 100 Zubat candy for Crobat Evolution
- 100 Horesea candy and Dragon Scale for Kingdra Evolution
- 50 Porygon candy and Up-Grade for Porygon 2 Evolution
- 100 Oddish candy and Sun Stone for Bellossom Evolution – split
- 50 Onix candy and Metal Coat for Steelix Evolution
- 25 Eevee candy for Umbreon Evolution – split
- 50 Slowpoke candy and King Rock for Slowking Evolution – split
- 50 Scyther candy and Metal Coat for Scizor Evolution
- 50 Chansey candy for Blissey Evolution
- 100 Poliwag candy and King Rock for Politoed Evolution – split
Pokemon Go gen 2 spawns also include Octillery, a Water-type Pokemon that usually spawns near rivers, lakes, ponds etc. The gen 2 Pokemon evolves into Remoraid.
Items such as Pokemon Go gen 2 Eggs and Evolution items have a very low drop rate in the game so you may not get what you want during your first visit to the PokeStop. The 7-Day Streak spin will land you one or two of these at most.
Scizor, Steelix, Typhlosion are some of the rare evolutions for Pokemon Go. Onix evolves into Steelix once you use the Metal Coat and it takes 5000 stardust and 4 Onix Candy (common item) to power up Steelix. Another rare evolution is over 2000CP Blissey which is one of the most toughest Pokemon to beat.
You need cover a quite a bit of distance before you can grab rare generation 2 Pokemon such as Mareep, Larvitar and more. Pokemon Gen 2 spawns need at least a couple km.
- 10km Gen 2 Eggs: Militank, Mantine, Larvitar, Mareep, Pineco, Sudowoodo, Gligar, Skarmory
- 5km Gen 2 Eggs: Tyrogue, Smoochum, Magby, Elekid, Wooper, Natu, Girafarig, Stantler, Wobbuffet, Shuckle, Sneasel, Phanpy,Qwilfish Dunsparce, Yanma
- 2km Gen 2 Eggs: Ledyba, Remoraid, Slugma, Togepi, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Pichu, Misdreavus, Aipom, Chikorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil
Developers have added Metal Coat, Sun Stone, Dragon Scale, Up-Grade and King’s Rock evolution items to Pokemon Go. You can get all of the above-mentioned items at the Pokeshop. You can also get Nanab and Pinap, the two new berries.
- Metal Coat – Scyther – Scizor
- Sun Stone – Gloom – Bellossom
- Sun Stone – Sunkern – Sunflora
- Up-Grade – Porygon – Porygon 2
- King’s Rock – Slowbrow – Slowking
- Metal Coat – Onix – Steelix
- Dragon Scale – Seadra – Kingdra
- King’s Rock – Poliwhirl – Politoed
Niantic didn’t add many Gen 2 Pokemon and players are almost done with it. There needs to be more for players to do and soon.
If you have any questions regarding Pokemon GO Gen 2 Evolutions, Pokemon Go gen 2 eggs, gen 2 spawn, take to the comments below.