NieR: Automata Nintendo Switch is something the developers are not ruling out. According to the designer of the game, Takihisa Taura, Nintendo Switch version could happen. However, it depends on Square Enix and if they choose to pay Platinum for a Nintendo Switch version.
Takihisa Taura had the following to say regarding NieR: Automata Nintendo Switch:
From our perspective in PlatinumGames, if Square Enix pays us to do it, we’ll make you a version for the Switch, we’ll make you a version for the Super Nintendo if you want, anything you ask for.
Nier: Automata will be a definite treat for Nintendo Switch users, a perfect title for the handheld. But for now, the game can only be experienced on PC and PlayStation 4.
Meanwhile, Nintendo Switch users can enjoy a range of different titles that are in development and scheduled to release soon.
Launch (March 3):
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power Up Kit
- I Am Setsuna
- Puyo Puyo Tetris S
- Disgaea 5
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 with Power Up Kit
- Super Bomberman R
- Dragon Quest Heroes I & II
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Minna de Waiwai! Spelunker
- Splatoon 2
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Xenoblade 2
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Newest title in Shin Megami Tensei series
- Project Octopath Traveler
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
- NBA 2k18
- Sonic Mania
- Dragon Quest XI
- Dragon Quest X
- Fire Emblem Musou (Warriors)
- Project Sonic 2017
- Derby Stallion
- Taiko no Tatsujin
- Arcade Archives
- “Tales of” series
- Story of Seasons (Harvest Moon)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
For more on Nintendo Switch, stay tuned!