Watch Dogs 2 has launched with some stellar reviews. While the game had some issues at launch but Ubisoft has ironed most of them out and now the developer has announced its plans to include some fun stuff to the game with Watch Dogs 2 update 1.08.
Ubisoft has revealed that Watch Dogs 2 update 1.08 will lay the groundwork for the upcoming T-Bone expansion along with a slew of free content, balancing to multiplayer modes and a lot of bug fixes.
Starting with the new features, the Watch Dogs 2 update 1.08 will include 4 new features to the game namely: Replay Missions, Hacker Level, Enemy Weapons, and Select Difficulty Level.
With replay missions, players will be able to replay any of the mission that was part of the main storyline to relive their exciting moments or try to complete the level with different play styles.
Hacker level will display the player’s level on Marcus’ phone. With this update, players can see other player’s hacker level and compare themselves with their friends.
As the name suggests, with Enemy Weapons Marcus will now have access to enemy weapons as DedSec has picked up blueprints for it and they will be available to “print from the 3D Printer”.
The last but not the least, players will now be able to change their difficulty level in the game.
Moving ahead Ubisoft has detailed that Watch Dogs 2 patch 1.08 will bring tweaks and balance to the Hacking Invasions and other online modes. However, Hacking invasions seems to be the center of attention.
Before the download is started:
- The target can no longer automatically profile the hacker or their RC.
- For the target player, in NetHack, the hacker’s RC is displayed as a neutral-colored object (instead of red).
- If the target does an action that reveals the presence of a hacker in their game the search zone is now 3 times bigger.
- To help the hacker to initiate the download while the target is moving in a vehicle, the hacker can now hold the hack button on the target for a distance up to 120m.
During the download:
- Fixed an issue where the target’s name would be visible without having a line of sight on them.
- Fixed issues in NetHack that (in some situations) allowed the target to see civilians/hacker through the walls.
- To reduce accidental detection:
• In NetHack, for the target, a small delay has been added before showing the identity of the person being targeted.
• In NetHack, for the target, the targeting angle was reduced.
- Enemy player’s RC can no longer be profiled through walls.
- The red targeting line displayed between the enemy and their RC only appears when the RC is profiled, instead of just by targeting it.
- The hacker is warned when their RC is profiled: “RC WAS DETECTED: Your position has been revealed!”
Hacker rewards: You’ll be rewarded based on the percentage of download completed, and you’ll get extra rewards if you escape. This also means that if your target disconnects or quits, you’ll still get some reward.
Exploit: Fixed an exploit where the player could not be seen while in the water using the Nethack vision.
Bug: Fixed an issue where the media player song would still play in Nudle Map while being invaded by another player, creating an exploit that allowed you to better identify when you’re being invaded.
Bug: Fixed an exploit where the side activities icons would disappear from the world map if a player was being invaded.
As for the other online modes like leaderboards and co-op, Ubisoft has detailed that Watch Dogs 2 update 1.08 will display the player’s leaderboard rank more prominently. After the update, the player’s leaderboard rank will be displayed at the start and end of the match.
Teaming up with other players will also be made easy with the update. “Entering the vehicle of an allied player will prompt that player to team up for co-op”.
Watch Dogs 2 update 1.08 will also bring PC only updates including fixing the bug with San Francisco Fog where the fog was appearing less often than intended along with fixes and more.
San Francisco Fog (aka “Karl”): Fixed a timer bug that was causing the iconic fog to appear less often than intended. On the days it appears, it will show up around 6PM and disappear around 2PM the next day. In a future update, we’ll adjust and randomize its appearance times, so you can enjoy it more often. If you are eager to see it, you can always make the time pass faster by taking a nap on the sofa in the HQ.
- The fog is not turned on by default (due to high demands on your PC) and must be activated in settings.
- Improved performance on Crossfire systems (AMD dual GPU systems)
- Fixed various minor issues with the UI and text.
- Fixed minor issues with the HUD in multi-monitor mode
- Fixed various cases of reflections corruption.
Watch Dogs 2 update 1.08 will also include a slew of bug fixes including the bugs with AI, fix for multiple replication issues, numerous minor audio and text issues and much more.
- Leaderboard rewards: If you earned a leaderboard reward in Season 1, it will be delivered to your inventory in this patch.
- “PULL OVER NOW!”: The loudspeaker policewoman will repeat this command less frequently.
- Wall Geometry Exploits: Players can no longer use motorcycles to pass through walls, and we’ve fixed other similar wall exploits.
- Broken missions/halted progression: Fixed progression-breaking issues for the following missions: Power to the Sheeple, Alcatraz Showdown, Infected Bytes, Just Making a Living, Get Back in the Game, Jailbird Blues, and Kicking it Old School. If you got stuck during any of these missions, you’ll be able to proceed now without starting over.
- Mass Sitara: Improved an issue where Sitara could be present multiple times in the Hacker Space during A Walk in the Park.
- Bounty: Fixed a rare issue where a Bounty could go on forever if the hunted player hid in Wrench’s garage.
- Bike Collision: Reduced the collision size on bikes so the player can drive closer to obstacles without bailing (time to find some trees and go nuts).
- Leaderboards: Fixed the description of the divisions in the leaderboards; percentage details were wrong.
- Invasion Rewards: Fixed an issue where you wouldn’t get the reward for neutralizing an invader without profiling them first.
- Co-Op: Fixed an issue where a player couldn’t get into a car while playing in coop.
- Improved performance and stability
- Minor graphical improvements
- Fixed multiple AI and traffic issues
- Several improvements on the GPS pathing
- Fixed multiple replication issues
- Fixed numerous minor audio and text issues in localized versions of the game
- Lots and lots of other minor bug fixes
Shooting Mechanics: We’ve made changes to the shooting behavior so that shooting your weapon feels more satisfying.
- Improved weapon recoil, making for increased accuracy when firing multiple rounds.
- The sound of each weapon firing and bullet impact has been improved.
- Bullet tracers are more visible.
- AI: Improved AI sniper behavior by making them move less from cover to cover, meaning they’ll shoot more often.
- Localization: Larger fonts in Arabic and Chinese subtitles to make them more visible.
- Gallery: Minor graphical fixes to Camera and Gallery interface that will help you take better screenshots.
Watch Dogs 2 Update 1.08 will be available later this week.
Watch Dogs 2 is an open-world action adventure game developed by Ubisoft for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.