Bungie seems to be determined to support Destiny until Destiny 2 arrives. As the developer has already announced The Dawning event that will take place later this month, now Bungie has detailed the content that players can expect from Destiny The Dawning update.
Bungie has revealed the patch notes for Destiny The Dawning update in advance. With this update, the drop rate for the Skeleton Keys will be increased and those players who will take part in Nightfall are guaranteed to get a skeleton key.
With Destiny The Dawning update, the infamous issues where players do not receive the Student of History Trophy/Achievement or Sigil of the Young Wolf Emblem will be fixed and much more.
- Fixed an issue where some players did not receive the Student of History Trophy/Achievement or Sigil of the Young Wolf Emblem for attuning all of the Rise of Iron Artifacts
- Skeleton Keys have been adjusted:
- Skeleton Keys drop rates have been slightly increased in the SIVA Crisis playlist, SIVA Crisis Heroic playlist, and weekly Nightfall
- Players will now receive a Skeleton Key for their first account Nightfall clear per week
- Characters who are level 40 will now automatically convert Uncommon Engrams(Green) to Weapon and Armor Materials on pickup
- Brother Vance now offers materials exchange for Passage Coins and Motes of Light
- Legendary Weapons obtained from the Gunsmith’s Rank 2 Quest can now be repurchased from the Gunsmith
The is not all as The Dawning update will also bring new armor. You can check out the new gear in the images below.
Destiny The Dawning update will be live on Tuesday, December 13, 2016, at 10 am Pacific.
The Dawning event will also feature Sparrow Racing and Strike Scoring mode both of which will be made permanent for the game after the event is done.
Destiny is a first-person always-online shooter developed by Bungie for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlaySttaion 3 and Xbox 360.