Watch Dogs 2 has finally launched for PC and AMD has launched its new driver optimized for the game. AMD Crimson 16.11.5 is the new Wach Dogs 2 optimized driver which also adds DirectX 11 profile for Dishonored 2.
According to patch notes, AMD Crimson 16.11.5 only brings support for Watch Dogs 2, adds DirectX 11 profile for Dishonored 2 and fixes some issues.
AMD has also listed the issues that user may encounter after installing this new driver. Some games may fail to launch and users may experience frame rate drops for some games. Check out the full patch notes for AMD Crimson 16.11.5 below.
- Watch Dogs®2
New AMD CrossFire profile added for DirectX® 11:
- The Division™ game world may flicker during gameplay when using AMD CrossFire technology.
- Battlefield™1 flickering may be experienced while using AMD CrossFire technology mode.
- A few game titles may fail to launch, experience performance issues or crash if the third party application “Raptr” has its game overlay enabled. A workaround is to disable the overlay if this is experienced.
- AMD CrossFire technology mode is currently disabled for Windows®7 configurations with Dishonored™2
- Watch Dogs®2 may experience flickering or a game crash when using AMD CrossFire technology mode with Dual Radeon RX 480s.
- DOOM™ may experience a crash when launched using the Vulkan™ API on some Graphics Core Next products.
- DOTA™2 may experience a crash when launched using the Vulkan™ API on some Graphics Core Next products.
- Flickering may be experienced while playing Overwatch™ in the main menu or viewing character models using AMD CrossFire mode.
- FIFA 17™ may experience an application hang or black screen on launch for some select Hybrid Graphics or AMD PowerXpress mobile configurations.
- H.264 content may experience blocky corruption when streaming using P2P content players on some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products.
Watch Dogs 2 is an open world action-adventure game developed by Ubisoft for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.