New Doom Update Adds Arcade Mode To The Campaign, Brings New Logical Tools And Much More
Id Software continues to support Doom with free updates and content, and this time the developer has released another Doom update that adds Arcade mode to the game’s singleplayer campaign and more.
The Arcade mode lets you compete with your friends and other players from around the world for the highest score, with fully unlocked arsenal of guns, Praetor suit upgrades, and runes. This Doom update also beings two new modes to the multiplayer also, Possession and Bloodrush.
- Possession – New team-based Prowler vs. Marine multiplayer mode.
- Bloodrush – New free-for-all multiplayer mode.
SnapMap for the game also receives couple of new features. Now it allows players to create maps using classic Doom assets, and new classic Doom levels have been added along with some new Doom secrets.
The Doom update also adds new features to custom environment creation, like Decal Tool to add blood, demonic symbols and more.
Custom Environment Creation
- Detailed hotspot and tiling textured blocking volumes can be used to create custom environments
- Decal Tool to add blood, numbers, demonic symbols, grime, corrosion, and more to your maps
- Massive update of new Hell and UAC environment props
- Added new container object models
The Doom update also adds additional logical tools, consistency fixes for the singleplayer campaign and general fixes.
Additional Logic Tools
- Copy content and logic from one map to Paste into another
- Created multi-level campaign using Next Map Logic
- Added Hazard and FX as a category of Spawners
- Set color input added for all volumes and hazards
- Snap Grid Offsets added to editor settings to allow authors to offset in XYZ coordinate space
- POI can now be set on spawner items
- Authors can get precise camera position by previewing the camera view within the editor
- Added set environment and fade to camera properties
- Authors can set their editor view to ignore current module environment settings
- Cylinder volumes can be used as shootable triggers
- Added support for silent (no VO announcements) lockdowns
- No longer need to set a DOOM ID to post to map leaderboards
Additional DOOM Single Player Consistency
- Additional DOOM weapon upgrades from Campaign – mastery versions of the HAR and Combat Shotgun
- Campaign-styled communication HUD elements
- Editable interactable GUI
- Additional FX and Hazards
- Added Rune Tablet interactable
- Publish maps with Campaign intro screen and lobby
- Additional equipment pickup items
- Add Static keycard and weapons props
- Added setting to disable hit feedback sounds
- Added setting to disable damage indicators
- Added setting to disable AI teleport FX
- Added Berserk power-up
Miscellaneous Fixes and Additions
- Added additional armor and weapon customization skins
- Added Revenant player demon
- Usable volumes will now work in the front of doors
- Blocking Volumes (previously called Player Blocking Volumes) now default to static and visible when placed
- AI can now be affected by Blocking Volumes
- Some props can have their FX toggled on and off
Doom is a first person shooter developed by id Software for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.