Capcom has announced that next Street Fighter V update will hit on September 22, 2016, and it will bring a slew of new content like a new character and bug fixes along with additional content for the season pass holders.
This new Street Fighter V update will add a new fighter, Urien, to the game’s roster. Urien is the president of the Illuminati and players will have to purchase this character with Fight Money or via the Steam and PlayStation store. As for the season pass holders, they will be able to jump into any match with Urien as soon as the update goes live.
The Street Fighter V update will also add new daily targets to help players to earn extra Fight Money to purchase additional content. Players will get 1000 fight money for fighting a ranked match.
New Daily Targets will be available to help you earn extra Fight Money to purchase additional content. Fight in a ranked match to earn 1000 Fight Money. Spend a little time playing in training mode to earn an additional 500 Fight Money. Each Daily Target has a time limit so don’t forget to log in and cash in on these. Rewards will range between 100 and 5000 Fight Money.
Furthermore, the Street Fighter V update also improves the vs CPU function of the game by adding another option to standard versus mode. Now players will be able to “slug it out with the AI of varying difficulty and sharpen your skills before challenging friends or others online”.
Fighter Profiles will also be updated and players will be able to track their stats or show off their skills to friends.
The update also introduces new Environmental Stage KO’s which will be stage specific.
New Environmental Stage KO’s
- New environmental stage KO’s will be added for the list of stages below. If you loved blasting other players through doors and dropping bowls of noodles on their heads, just wait until you see what we have in store with this update.
- Shadaloo Base
- Hillside Plaza
- Underground Arena
- Forgotten Waterfall
- Union Station
- Kanzuki Estate
- City in Chaos
- Apprentice Alley
- Lair of the Four Kings
The Street Fighter V update will be bringing a slew of bug fixes, checkout the full list of bug fixes below.
- The issue which added an additional frame of lag to PlayStation 4 fight sticks on PlayStation 4 has been identified and patched. Now input time is unified across PlayStation 4, legacy controllers and PC.
- Juri’s V-Reversal was unintentionally able to hit downed opponents under specific circumstances. Juri’s V-Reversal was corrected so that it cannot hit downed opponents.
- Juri’s invincibility during her V-Reversal was unintentionally short. This was corrected by setting the invincibility on Juri’s V-Reversal to 14 frames after the hit box of the move disappears.
- When Ibuki was hit during a crouching fierce, she would unintentionally go into a standing state damage animation. This has been corrected so that when hit during a crouching fierce, Ibuki goes into a crouching state damage animation.
- The light version of Yoga Sunburst would fire regardless of whether the player was holding down punch or not. This has been corrected so that when the charge portion of L Yoga Sunburst is guarded, holding down LP will maintain the charge motion.
- When the tip of jumping LP hits an opponent or is guarded during Dhalsim’s V-Skill, the Critical Art gauge would increase rather than the V-Gauge. This has been corrected so when a jumping LP hits an opponent or is guarded during Dhalsim’s V-Skill, it now builds V-Gauge.
- When Dhalsim performs an airborne Yoga Teleport against an opponent on the edge of the screen and performs a jumping attack afterwards, the jumping attack would be performed in the opposite direction of the opponent. The directional determination after Dhalsim appears from an airborne Yoga Teleport has been corrected, making it more difficult for this to occur.
- Under certain circumstances, moves that only hit opponents in a standing state would unintentionally miss during certain standing states. This has been corrected. The hurtboxes on characters recovering from getting hit out of the air, allowing moves that are designed to hit standing characters to properly hit. Additionally throw attacks that normally miss on crouching characters will no longer be able to connect on characters recovering from getting hit out the air as they transition to a crouching state.
- After the attack frames of Birdie’s jumping LK ended, Birdie’s hurtbox would unintentionally remain absent in his recovery frames until he landed. This has been corrected by setting a hurtbox to Birdie’s jumping LK recovery frames, until he lands.
- Currently, the game counts a disconnect between the “Another fight is Coming Your Way” screen until you pass-through the results screen by selecting “find another match” or “exit to main menu”. The range a disconnect penalty will be assessed will be changed to be between from when “Another Fight is Coming Your Way” to after League Points (LP) and Fight Money (FM) have been calculated on the “Results” screen.
Street Fighter V is a fighting game developed by Capcom for PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows and Linux.