Overwatch Update Patch Notes Revealed Big Changes to Competitive Play
Blizzard has released a new update for Overwatch across all platforms. Overwatch update details reveal that the developer has made some big changes to competitive play ahead of Season 2.
One of the changes is the addition of skill tiers, which will better communicate players’ relative skill levels. You will notice more emphasis put on skill tiers rather than specific ratings.
Blizzard has changed the skill rating system to a 1-5000 scale. Sudden Death is going away for Season 2; if a match is tied it would end in a draw.
There are many hero balances and general fixes that come along with the new Overwatch update.
- Appropriate sound effects now play when Ana shoots barriers, shields, and armor
- Ana’s scope now correctly displays all custom reticle options
- D.Va no longer communicates her ultimate status for Self-Destruct while charging her Call Mech ultimate
- D.Va’s Boosters are no longer auto-cancelled if activated while her primary fire is active
- D.Va’s ultimate charge status is no longer reset to 0% if she falls to her death while piloting a mech
- Hanzo’s “Spirit Dragon” unlockable voice line now correctly plays when using his Okami and Lone Wolf skins
- Fixed various issues with Junkrat’s emote and highlight animations
- Fixed a bug that kept Junkrat’s ammo from being refilled when he was resurrected
- Fixed an issue causing Mei’s Ice Wall to push herself to the side when cast at her feet
- Fixed a bug preventing Mei’s Ice Wall from being destroyed by a moving payload
- Fixed a bug that prevented Mei’s Ice Wall from appearing at the target location when cast
- Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to reach unintended map locations using Shadow Step
- Fixed a bug causing Reinhardt’s shield to jitter when turning in third person
- Fixed an issue that prevented Roadhog’s chain from displaying correctly in some situations
- Fixed a bug causing Roadhog’s chain to become permanently extended if his target disconnected from the match
- Fixed several issues with Symmetra’s emotes and highlight intros
- The scarf on Tracer’s Slipstream skin is no longer stiff in the Hurdle highlight intro
- Fixed a bug preventing overtime from being triggered while Zenyatta is using Transcendence
- The names of Tracer’s Sprinter and Track and Field skins now display correctly
- Ana’s attacks and abilities now activate the controller’s rumble function
- Fixed a bug preventing bullet shells from being rendered in Bastion’s “Bullet Rain” highlight intro
- The alternate fire on McCree’s Peacekeeper ability now activates the controller’s rumble function for all six shots
Head over to the official website to see more of the patch notes.