Paradox Interactive has announced a new expansion for City Skylines, the expansion is titled City Skylines Natural Disasters.
The announcement comes along with a new trailer for City Skylines Natural Disasters expansion. According to Paradox Interactive, this new expansion will “feature a catalog of catastrophes to challenge mayor-players everywhere”.
Players will have to plan the cities with “early warning systems, emergency routes, devastating and destructive disaster effects, and caring for the populace as they struggle to rebuild”.
City Skylines Natural Disaster expansion will also update the game with a new scenario editor and gameplay mode. This will allow the players to win or lose on their own terms.
City Skylines Natural Disaster Includes:
- Deep, Impactful Gameplay: Keep your city going through the devastation of several possible doomsday scenarios, from towering infernos to the day the sky exploded.
- With Great Power Comes Great Response Abilities: Plan for, and respond to, disasters using early warning systems, countermeasures, and new disaster responses such as helicopters and evacuations – finally, a Paradox game where “Comet Sighted” actually means something.
- Radio Saved the Video Game: Citizens can go Radio Ga-Ga with a new broadcast network, helping to rapidly spread evacuation warnings and emergency alerts – or simply relax to new in-game music stations.
- An Objectively Good Feature: Scenario Mode allows players to design custom game objectives, including custom starting cities, win conditions, time limits, and more – and share scenarios to Steam Workshop.
- Chirpocalypse Now: Heck yeah, new hats for Chirper.
City Skylines is a city building simulator developed by Colossal Order and published by Paradox Interactive. The game is available for Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Linux, OS X and MAC OS. City Skylines Natural Disasters will release for Windows, Mac, and Linux this winter.