Released in 2014, Driveclub was supposed to be a Forza competitor from Sony. However, it fell short of greatness but overall it was a game worth your money. It is still one of the most visually impressive games on PlayStation 4. And now, it is going to get even better. Well, at least for those who have or plan to buy PlayStation VR.
Yes, Driveclub is going VR as confirmed by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Sony announced that Driveclub VR will release later this year and even though there is no release date mentioned, it is safe to say it is a launch title for PlayStation VR. Sony explained some of the features of Driveclub VR:
- Game modes: Online virtual reality multiplayer race modes and an action-packed single player career are joined by drifting and time trial challenges.
- Tracks: New and classic Driveclub tracks are brought to life through the power of PlayStation VR, including five all-new Urban locations.
- A closer look: More than 80 cars are recreated with immaculate detail for players to explore up close with Inspection Mode.
- Cruise control: A little time to kick back, open the throttle or just coast and explore any track, in any country at your leisure in Cruise Mode.
- Virtual passenger: An immersive thrill ride through exciting replays of hot laps as players watch themselves handle their greatest challenges from a unique viewpoint in Passenger Mode.
As for PlayStation VR, it is coming out on October 13 for $399. Sony is hosting a PlayStation Meeting where we will know more about PlayStation VR games. The event will be live streamed on September 7.
Excited for Driveclub VR?