Gears of War 4 is bringing the Horde mode back and fans will get to see it at PAX West, according to Rod Ferguson.
— Rod Fergusson (@GearsViking) August 9, 2016
Gears of War 4 Horde Mode 3.0 works across all multiplayer maps. Devs will keep updating the game with new maps and features, that means new maps and features for the Horde 3.0. By the end of 2017, Gears of War 4 players will have 24 maps to choose from.
Each map is playable in horde 3.0.
Similar to how we played before, players will be able to fortify their location with various traps and obstacles. These can be moved and repaired as you go through all fifty rounds.
What’s interesting is that fortifications can be affected by weather effects. For instance, a storm can pull part barbed wire fence. We will know more about Gears of War 4 Horde 3.0 and if you are visiting PAX West, you will get to try it out.
PAX West runs from September 2 to September 5.
Gears of War 4 will release later this year for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. The game will release under Microsoft’s Xbox Play Anywhere program. It is a new cross buy policy from the company that’ll apply to the following titles for now.
- Gears of War 4 – Oct. 11, 2016
- Forza Horizon 3 – Sept. 27, 2016
- ReCore – Sept. 16, 2016
- Sea of Thieves – Sometime in 2017
- Halo Wars 2 – Feb. 21, 2017
- Scalebound – Sometime in 2017
- Killer Instinct Season 3 – Available Now
- State of Decay 2 – Sometime in 2017
- Ark: Survival Evolved – Now on Xbox Game Preview
- Cuphead – Sometime in 2016
- We Happy Few – Jul. 26, 2016 on Xbox Game Preview
- Crackdown 3 – Sometime in 2017
For more on Gears of War 4, stay-tuned!