More Overwatch Characters May Have Been Leaked By an Animated Short
Overwatch recently got a new character Ana, the mother of Pharah. She is a support sniper with a history with the Widowmaker. Ana is now available to PC players and even though she just released, it wouldn’t hurt to know who’s next.
Blizzard promised that it would keep adding free maps, characters and features to Overwatch. Ana is the first one to be added. Who’s next? Well, we don’t know but an animated Overwatch short may have shown us 14 upcoming Overwatch characters.
According to the animated short these characters are ex-Overwatch players. But that doesn’t mean they can’t come back to the arena. Blizzard is yet to confirm future characters but any one of these could be next. Of course, it is possible that none of them makes it to Overwatch.
We’ll have more for you once Blizzard shares more.
On a related note, Blizzard released a patch for Overwatch yesterday. The update added Ana for PC players and made some gameplay fixes and changes.
- If a match goes into Overtime for more than 20 seconds, the fuse will now start to “burn down” more quickly
- Players now respawn more slowly during Overtime (increased spawn time by 2 seconds)
- Competitive Play matches can now only have one of each hero per team.
- Added Ana as an AI-controlled hero in Practice vs. AI, Play vs. AI, and Custom Game modes
- Timing on Zenyatta’s Rapid Discord achievement is more lenient
- Targeted teammates now respond by saying “I’m with you,” when players use the “Group Up” communication
- Renamed five sprays to avoid duplicate titles
Overwatch is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.