The 4 vs. 1 multiplayer shooter by Turtle Rock Studios EVOLVE recently went free-to-play titled as EVOLVE Stage II and is already beginning to show fruition of a free-to-play model.
EVOLVE Stage 2 Player Count
Originally launched back in February 2015, EVOLVE received mixed reviews and its player base continued to die down. According to a recent image detailing the total number of players before and after the game went free-to-play, the increase in number of players after the release of EVOLVE Stage II is as much as 6733 per cent.
As shown in the image – attached below – the total number of EVOLVE players before the F2P model was 2703. This number, however, rose to 182,000 after EVOLVE Stage II was released. However, one important thing that we need to note here is that these numbers do not matter much at this time.
Those of you who have yet to try out the game, it basically revolves around 4 hunters and 1 monster. With each of them having unique attributes and abilities, the monster must outsmart 4 hunters and complete its objective. The hunters, on the other hand, must stop the monster before its evolves and completes its objective.
Players who bought the game when it launched are being referred to as Founders and have received in-game rewards, special access, and other in-game goodies. In addition to this, there are a number of changes which include things like:
- We’re reworking the hunter classes to make the team less reliant on having experienced trappers and medics
- We’re making improvements to the maps and UI
- We’re improving load times, overall performance, and getting you into the game faster
- We’re focusing on improving stability and fixing bugs
- We’re completely reworking our progression system and tutorials
- We’re adding more customization options
Did you get a chance to try out the newly F2P version of EVOLVE? Share your impressions with us in the comments below!