Gamers were quite excited when Evolve released last year. However, the excitement quickly faded away when gamers got their hands on Evolve. Evolve was a great game but it did not had much to it to keep players engaged. Now, developer Turtle Rock has announced that Evolve is free-to-play on PC.
The announcement came from Evolve’s official website, following a new that countdown appeared on the website. The developer has announced that not only Evolve is free-to-play on PC, but the game will be updated with various balances and changes.
Some of the changes are listed below.
- We’re reworking the hunter classes to make the team less reliant on having experienced trappers and medics.
- We’re making improvements to the maps and UI.
- We’re improving load times, overall performance, and getting you into the game faster.
- We’re focusing on improving stability and fixing bugs.
- We’re completely reworking our progression system and tutorials.
- We’re adding more customization options.
Those who have already purchased the game, fear not as those players will be given “Founders” version in the new free-to-play version. All the content they own will be present.
Players with Founders status will be granted gifts, rewards and special access.
However, Turtle Rock has not mentioned any details regarding any changes that will be made to the gameplay after Evolve is made free-to-play. The gameplay of Evolve revolved around 1v4 matches.
These hunters would then hunt down the fifth player , who would take on the role of a monster, before it evolves and complete its objective.
Evolved launched in February 2015 for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, the game received favorable review but soon it fell off the radar.
Do you think that Turtle Rock made the right decision by making Evolve a free-to-play title? Let us know in the comments.