Microsoft has confirmed that every future game published by Microsoft Studios – we have high hopes for Halo 6 – will support Xbox Play Anywhere which means the game will be cross-buy cross-play on Microsoft Windows 10 and Xbox One.
Xbox Play Anywhere is scheduled to officially roll out this September with ReCore and will support all Microsoft exclusives including Forza Horizon 3, Scalebound, Gears of War 4, and others. While Microsoft has yet to confirm this, but this essentially means that the unannounced Halo 6, Forza Motorsport 7, and other first-party exclusives by Microsoft will launch both on Xbox One as well as Windows 10.
Microsoft Confirms Halo 6 for PC
Speaking of this, Microsoft’s Windows & Devices Group CVP Yusuf Mehdi said that every new title published by Microsoft Studios will support Xbox Play Anywhere initiative:
With the Xbox Play Anywhere program, you can buy a game once and play on your Windows 10 PC and Xbox One with shared progress, shared game saves and shared achievements. Every new title published from Microsoft Studios will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store.
So far, Microsoft has confirmed a list of all 12 titles that will support Play Anywhere initiative that includes:
- Gears of War 4 – Oct. 11, 2016
- Forza Horizon 3 – Sept. 27, 2016
- ReCore – Sept. 16, 2016
- Sea of Thieves – Sometime in 2017
- Halo Wars 2 – Feb. 21, 2017
- Scalebound – Sometime in 2017
- Killer Instinct Season 3 – Available Now
- State of Decay 2 – Sometime in 2017
- Ark: Survival Evolved – Now on Xbox Game Preview
- Cuphead – Sometime in 2016
- We Happy Few – Jul. 26, 2016 on Xbox Game Preview
- Crackdown 3 – Sometime in 2017
In addition to cross-buy and cross-play, the Xbox Play Anywhere initiative will also allow players to transfer their saves, DLCs, and more.
Which of Microsoft exclusive are you looking forward to trying out on PC? Let us know in the comments below!