Blizzard is now rolling out Overwatch Update 1.0.4 on Playstation 4 systems which is 1.324 GB in size.
One important thing to note about the patch is that the changes only apply to Playstation 4 since many of these changes have already been implemented on PC and Xbox One. Overwatch Update 1.0.4 has finally brought Overwatch Competitive Play to Playstation 4 – the mode was rolled out on Xbox One a few days ago.
Some of the highlights of Overwatch Update 1.0.4 includes fixing a bug preventing players from leaving as a group, adjustable aim assist, a few bug fixes. However, those of you who are looking forward to Torbjorn nerf will have to wait a bit longer.
In addition to this, there are some players who are reporting bugs related to kill cams and random FPS drops during the hero selection screen and while in-game. We have provided hero balance changes and bug fixes below, but for complete patch notes, head over to Battle.Net:
- Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree starts reloading) decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds
- Bullet damage decreased from 70 to 45
Developer Comments: McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel like a must-pick in many situations. By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji.
Alternate Fire (Scoped Shot)
- Base damage decreased from 15 to 12
- Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x
- Players must now wait for the unscoping animation to completely finish before scoping
Note: Scoped shot damage multiplier remains unchanged
- Ultimate cost increased by 10%
- When activating Infra-Sight, Widowmaker’s voice line will now be audible map-wide
Developer Comments: In the right hands, Widowmaker can often feel unstoppable—even when just landing body shots instead of critical heads shots. The changes to her alternate fire weaken body shot damage while leaving her headshot damage unchanged. Additionally, we felt her Ultimate ability, Infra-Sight, was coming up a little too frequently, especially considering its impact on the game.
- Fixed a bug preventing players from being able to leave as a group
- Fixed a bug that would cause players’ weapons to auto-snap straight up or down when the crosshair was aimed between 85 and 90 degrees
- Fixed a bug that caused players who backfilled and then completed a game to sometimes receive a loss on their
- Career Profile and not receive their XP bonus for backfilling
- Fixed a bug that would move players toward the source of a knockback rather than away from it
- Fixed a bug that caused Hearthstone-themed sprays to ignore localization
- Fixed several framerate issues that could occur when cycling through the hero selection menu
- Fixed a variety of issues with and made several improvements to ambient lighting
- Made some improvements to how AI heroes respond to one another
- Made a variety of performance and optimization improvements across the game
- Players can no longer be resurrected in out-of-play areas on Ilios
- Fixed an issue with collision on certain areas of Dorado not blocking line of sight
- Fixed a bug with the “Junkrat RIP-Tire Kills—Average” lifetime statistic
- Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain Ultimate charge whenever damage boosting an ally who was attacking a barrier or Ice Wall
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on certain maps
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause projectiles to hit Reinhardt instead of his Barrier Field
- Fixed a bug that allowed Torbjörn to pick up Scrap while dead
Overwatch is now available on PC, Playstation 4, and Xbox One.