The public test realm (PTR) of Diablo 3 always has something to take away for those who are not a part of the testing. The most recent update that has come out of the community is about the Diablo 3 PTR Patch 2.4.2, the patch notes for which have been datamined.
Naturally, the complete list of the Diablo 3 PTR Patch 2.4.2 patch notes is too long to discuss step by step which is why we are sharing the entire list at the end of the post. However, some of the highlights are discussed below.
From PTR, we now know that Blizzard Entertainment is going to make skill changes to Demonhunter, Monk, WitchDoctor, Wizard and X1_Crusader in the new Diablo 3 PTR Patch 2.4.2 and for each one of them, the changes are pretty expansive.
Moving on, the latest patch also makes changes to Helltooth Harness, and in terms of items, to Calamity, Gyana Na Kashu, The Twisted Sword, Girdle of Giants and Starfire. We have shared the details of each one of these changes below.
Datamined Diablo 3 PTR Patch 2.4.2 Notes
- Wind Chill : Enemies hit are Chilled and have 8% (down from 15%) increased chance to be Critically Hit for 3 seconds.
- Spike Trap
- Scatter : Simultaneously lay 2 traps per Spike Trap charge that detonate each for 960% weapon damage as Fire. (added description)
- Lightning Rod : When triggered, lightning chains and hits nearby enemies within 10 yards. / Lightning will also arc between all traps within 25 yards. All enemies are hit for 2010% weapon damage as Lightning over 3 hits.
- Marked for Death Cost: 3 Discipline / Mark an enemy. The marked enemy takes 15% (down from 20%) additional damage for the next 30 seconds.
- Grim Reaper :
15% (down from 20%) of damage dealt to the marked enemy is also divided evenly among all enemies within 20 yards.
- Wolf Companion : Active: Your wolf howls, granting you and your allies within 60 yards
15% (down from 30%) increased damage for 10 seconds. / Passive: Summons a wolf companion that attacks enemies in front of him for 150% of your weapon damage as Physical.
- Momentum Moving 25 (up from 13) yards increases your damage by 20% for 6 seconds.
- Mantra of Conviction Cost: 50 Spirit / Active: Damage bonus is increased to
16% (down from 20%) for 3 seconds. / Passive: Enemies within 30 yards of you take 8% (down from 10%) increased damage. / Only one Mantra may be active at a time.
- Overawe : Passive: Increase the strength of Mantra of Conviction so that enemies take
12% (down from 16%) increased damage.
- Inner Sanctuary
- Forbidden Palace : Enemies inside Inner Sanctuary have their movement speed reduced by 80%. (removed the 30% increased damage taken)
- Exploding Palm
- The Flesh is Weak : Enemies hit take
15% (down from 20%) additional damage for 9 seconds.
- Blinding Flash
- Crippling Light : Enemies that are Blinded deal
25% (down from 40%) reduced damage for 5 seconds after the Blind wears off.
- Soothing Mist : Imbue yourself with water, causing your abilities to heal yourself and allies within 30 yards for
16093 Life (down from 40232). / Heal amount is increased by 4% (down from 10%) of your Health Globe Healing Bonus.
- Summon Zombie Dogs
- Chilled to the Bone : Enemies who hit or are hit by your Zombie Dogs are Chilled for 3 seconds. (removed the 15% increased damage taken)
- Poisoned Spirit : Haunted enemies take 20% more damage from your attacks (changed from “all sources”). / Haunt’s damage turns into Poison.
- Hex Cooldown: 15 seconds / Summon a Fetish Shaman for 12 seconds that will hex groups of enemies into chickens. Hexed enemies are unable to perform offensive actions (removed the 15% additional damage taken)
- Toad of Hugeness : Summon a giant toad that pulls in enemies, briefly swallows them whole, then spits them back out with a layer of goo that deals 750% weapon damage as Poison over 5 seconds, Slows them, and increases their damage taken by
15% (down from 25%).
- Jinx : Hexed enemies take 15% additional damage. (reworked from bigger hex)
- Mass Confusion
- Paranoia : All enemies in the area of Mass Confusion deal 30% less (reworked from taking 30% more dmg) damage for 12 seconds.
- Big Bad Voodoo Cooldown: 120 seconds / Conjure a Fetish that begins a ritual dance that increases the attack speed and movement speed of all nearby allies by 15% (down from 20%) for 20 seconds.
- Slam Dance : The Fetish increases the damage of all nearby allies by
15% (down from 30%)
- Elemental Exposure Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will cause them to take 5% more damage from your attacks (reworked from “all sources”) for 5 seconds. Each different damage type applies a stack, stacking up to 4 times. / Elemental damage from your weapon contributes to Elemental Exposure.
- Arcane Orb
- Spark : Lob an electrified orb over enemies that zaps them for 349% weapon damage as Lightning and increases the damage of the next Lightning spell you cast by 2% for every enemy hit up to a maximum of 15. (added maximum)
- Resolved : Damage dealt to judged enemies has an 8% (down from 20%) increased chance to be a Critical Hit.
- Laws of Valor
- Critical : Active: Empowering the Law also increases your Critical Hit Damage by 50%. (down from 100%)
- 2 pieces: Enemies hit by your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, or Wall of Death are afflicted by Necrosis, becoming Slowed, taking 1500% weapon damage every second, and taking 20% increased damage from your attacks (reworked from “all sources”) for 10 seconds.
- Calamity: Automatically cast Marked for Death when you damage an enemy. (reworked from marking enemies hit by you)
- Gyana Na Kashu: Lashing Tail Kick releases a piercing fireball that deals 10.5% (up from 5.25%) weapon damage as Fire to enemies within 10 yards on impact.
- The Twisted Sword: Energy Twister damage is increased by 1.25% for each Energy Twister you have out up to a maximum of 5 (down from 8).
- Girdle of Giants: Seismic Slam increases Earthquake damage by 0.8% for 3 seconds (down from 15).
- Starfire: Lightning damage is increased by 0.1% for every 10 yards you are from the target up to a maximum of 40 yards (added range limit).
We’ll be sharing with you the official updates on Diablo 3 PTR Patch 2.4.2 when Blizzard has something to say.