At the Nintendo Treehouse Livestream event that took place to cater to E3 2016 expectations of the fans, a new Nintendo 3DS RPG was revealed called Ever Oasis. At that time, a lot of details were not revealed about the game, but now we have the first scoop for you.
The game is being developed by GREZZO Co., Ltd., the same guys who gave us The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D, so there are more than one reasons to be excited about this.
You are a “chosen Seedling” and you are tasked to tame the wilds of the desert and build and maintain an oasis. While you are at it, you will be coming across other characters and even tribes that you can befriend in an attempt to forward your quest.
One of the key characters other than your own will be Itsuna, a friend of yours who will help throughout the missions.
To balance things off, you get the antagonists in the form of “the Chaos” who will naturally call you and two other party members in for real time combat based battles.
Material foraging and puzzle solving elements are also going to play a key role in the new Nintendo 3DS Action RPG.
Some of the highlights for Ever Oasis that have been shared by Nintendo and developer GREZZO Co., Ltd. include an Egyptian mythology based setting with magical elements, a proper economy with the currency being dewadem and some really exciting locations like puzzle dungeons, caves and of course the desert:
- Dive into a new take on the Adventure RPG genre in a brand new IP.
- Explore a savage desert, deep caves, and puzzle-filled dungeons.
- Forage materials to make products at shops, or synthesize equipment and items at your treehouse.
- Complete missions to recruit new villagers, each with their own shops, weapons and abilities, then bring them exploring/foraging.
- Earn dewadem, currency, over time as shops sell their wares to build new Bloom Booths.
- Battle wildlife that are possessed by Chaos and other enemies in real-time combat, while actively switching between party members.
- Immerse into a beautifully created world inspired by Egyptian culture/mythology.
Ever Oasis is a single player title and it will be released sometime in 2017 – no specific release date has been shared by Nintendo so far.