Fallout 4 Far Harbor Patch Will Require You to Redownload the Entire Expansion
Fallout 4 Far Harbor released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The expansion added new content to the base game but brought a handful of issues for the PS4 version of the game. However, devs planned an update to fix this but it looks like it can’t be fixed without redownloading the entire Far Harbor expansion.
Bethesda posted the following:
An updated version of Far Harbor that addresses performance issues is now available on PlayStation Network. To re-download the content, please take the following steps:
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select MY ADD-ONS.
- Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.
- You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
If for any reason these steps do not work, you can delete Fallout 4 (and all add-on content) and simply reinstall the game (and add-ons from scratch).
Thank you for your continued support.
On PlayStation 4, Fallout 4 Far Harbor suffered from frame rate issues. It often dropped to 15 frames per second making it impossible to enjoy the game. This update fixes the problem but as mentioned, you will need to redownload the entire expansion.
At least it is better than not having a fix.