Are you going to buy Mafia 3 when it releases? If you are a die hard fan of the game already, you might want to spend more than usual and get your hands on the Mafia 3 Collector’s Edition which has just been announced by Hangar 13.
The developers are clearly doing things in style this time and also trying hard to stay as much in line with the image of the game i.e. a 1960’s mafia based game set in New Orleans.
Since we are talking about a time that was half a century ago, the are bringing you stuff themed with that time as well. The Collector’s Edition has been priced at $149.99 in the United States and brings you things like vinyl based soundtracks, art prints, an art book, dog tags, drink coasters, as well as the Season Pass of the game.
Hangar 13 has not only revealed that the game is going to get a Collector’s Edition but also explained in depth what its contents are going to be. And why wouldn’t they, it is not every day that you get vinyl based soundtracks these days, right?
Mafia 3 Collector’s Edition Contents Revealed
- Mafia III: Official Soundtrack of New Bordeaux – 180 gram vinyl pressing featuring some of the 60’s greatest hit makers, including Otis Redding and Carla Thomas, Sam Cooke, The Animals, and more. The vinyl is a sampling of the larger in-game soundtrack, that includes an eclectic mix of Rock, Rhythm and Blues, and Pop, all colliding against a backdrop of war, civil unrest, and sweeping social changes that defined the 1960s.
- Mafia III: Original Game Score – 180 gram vinyl pressing of the original game score for Mafia III. Composed by Jesse Harlin and Jim Bonney, two of the industry’s great composers, the Mafia III original game score is a Rhythm and Blues inspired tour through a city ruled by organised crime and corrupt officials, and the setting for Lincoln Clay’s emotional story of loss and revenge.
- Exclusive Collectible Art Prints – Two lithographs from Playboy and the Alberto Vargas Estate representing a vast collection of art for players to discover in-game.
- The Art of Mafia III Collectable Art Book – A 56-page visual look at the creation of New Bordeaux, a new game world fashioned after New Orleans in the summer of 1968.
- Lincoln Clay Replica Dog Tags – 1960s US military issue replicas. These are the tags of a combat-hardened Vietnam vet fueled by the need for military-grade revenge against the Italian Mafia.
- Faux Leather Establishment Drink Coasters – Representing the Paradiso Casino and Sammy’s in-game criminal establishments, these aren’t just souvenirs, but symbols of Lincoln Clay’s motivations for revenge.
- Season Pass – Future post-release downloadable content bundled at a discount.
Do you think the Mafia 3 Collector’s Edition is worth 150 bucks?