Star Citizen v2.4.0 is now available in the PTU (public test universe). The latest version brings Cloud Imperium one step closer a persistent universe for Star Citizen.
Star Citizen will now save your character between game sessions with item purchases, data on alpha UEC, hangar configurations, crusader reputation, ship loadouts, character loadouts and more.
Players will now have access to outlaw and bounty hunter missions.
Star Citizen v2.4.0 is also making improvements to control schemes, port modifications. Cloud Imperium is trying to unify controls across FPS action and flight.
Tying all these new features together and making them truly possible is our first iteration of server-side Persistence – our first persistent server databases! With this we can begin storing information about in-game characters, items, currency and reputation so they can be recalled between game play sessions.
We also have our first pass on control unification between flight and fps controls which promises a greater experience to players, new flyable Starfarer and Starfarer Gemini, the hangar-ready Reliant and numerous fixes across the game. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time as required.
Some highlights from the changelog are posted below.
- The keyboard, mouse and gamepad default keybindings have received a massive update to better unify controls between different peripherals and also between flight and FPS modes. Major changes include:
mobiGlas is now on F1 on the Keyboard.
- Spacebrake is now on “Left ALt+ X” (Keyboard) and “LeftShoulder+B” (Gamepad).
- Exit ship/Exit seats is now on “Left Alt+F” (Keyboard) and “LeftShoulder+Y” (Gamepad).
- Cycle Countermeasure is now “G” (Keyboard), and “Dpad Down” (Gamepad).
- Launch Countermeasures is now Hold-“G” (Keyboard), Mouse Button 4, “RightShoulder” (Gamepad).
- Throttle Min/Thottle Max is now “Backspace” (Keyboard) as a toggle.
- Self-Destruct and Force Respawn are now by holding down “Right Alt + Backspace” (Keyboard), and “LeftShoulder + RightShoulder + B” (GamePad).
- The keybinding changes are very extensive. More detailed information will be coming in the near future, and in the interim, we strongly recommend that players review the keybindings in-game.
- We strongly encourage players to use the default keybindings during the PTU phase, so as to provide us with as much constructive feedback as possible regarding the changes.
- Fixed an issue where the small arms fire from FPS weapons would not manifest inside of a ships physics grid.
- Gun battles inside of ships are now fully possible!
- Fixed an issue where the Devestator-12 Energy Shotgun damage abruptly dropped off at a certain distance.
- Fixed an issue where swapping an Arrowhead Sniper rifle for another weapon would leave the Arrowhead rifle floating in midair.
- Fixed an issue where players could not pick up dropped Arrowhead Sniper rifle.
- Fixed an issue where headshots taken with the Arrowhead Sniper rifle wouldn’t register past a certain distance.
- Fixed some visual effect issues with the Arrowhead Sniper Rifle.
- Fixed an issue where characters would drop their gun both when unholstering and when switching weapons.
- Made some graphical performance tweaks to the Constellation Andromeda.
- Made some continued performance improvements to the game servers.
- Fixed some significant lag tied to the chaff visual effects.
For complete changelog, head over here.