Diablo 2 released 16 years ago but still Blizzard is supporting the game. Just last month, Blizzard released an update which was a very pleasant surprise and Blizzard isn’t done with Diablo 2 updates. The developers have released another one for the game.
Diablo 2 update 1.14b is a relatively minor update that deals with little issues that affect the game.
- Glide Wrapper will now load properly on PC by adding -3dfx to the end of the game shortcut.
- Mercenaries will no longer become “An Evil Force”
- Fixed Mac client crash on “Save & Exit”
- Capped the frame rate to 200 to save batteries, spare system load, and prevent hot lap syndrome
- Created new German installers to fix localization issues in Act V (Will require a fresh install to fix the missing dialogue data)
Blizzard stated that they would like every release, no matter how old, to be bug free. After the last update, the community pointed out many bugs so Blizzard took notice.
We couldn’t ask for better partners in this endeavor and we appreciate your understanding and patience as we get Diablo II into a state we’re all happy with. Keep offering feedback while beating back the minions of the Burning Hells, and we’ll keep upholding our part.
Blizzard updated Diablo 2 in 2011 before releasing an update last month. This is the second update this year and it is nice to see devs caring about their decade old project, not leaving it as it was.