Metal Gear Solid V Update 1.09 is now live which adds much anticipated survival mode to the game.
The patch on PS4 is not big in size if you compare it to today’s standard of patches. The patch size is just 33 MB. The only Major thing it adds is the survival mode.
Survival mode itself is only available through Metal Gear Online. Lots of other changes have been added to the game like bug fixes, balance adjustments etc. You can see the full list of changes below.
- Fixed a bug where purchasing DLC during gameplay and holding the Xbox button to return to the game would result in the game going into a frozen state. (Xbox ONE only)
- Fixed a bug where new player character created in the purchased character slot would disappear accidentally.
- Fixed a bug where players would sometimes all be assigned to the same team regardless of party. (STEAM only)
- Fixed a bug where a host migration would result in update process on the remaining players’ rank.
- Fixed a bug where the screen would sometimes turn black for an entire round when initially spawning into a match.
- Fixed a bug where the “DISC DEFEND” medal was not properly awarded
- Fixed a bug in the “SABOTAGE” mission where a fulton icon would sometimes appear above the terminal icon when entering round 2.
- Fixed a bug in the “SABOTAGE” mission where colors of object markers were not displayed correctly when joining in the middle of a game
- Fixed a bug in the “SABOTAGE” mission where specific score could be obtained enormously.
- Fixed a bug in the “SABOTAGE” mission in “AZURE MOUNTAIN” where players wouldn’t always spawn at their selected spawn locations
- Fixed a bug where the distance to each icon wouldn’t display correctly for a Dedicated Host.
- Fixed a bug where losses by foul play in CLOAK AND DAGGER were not judged properly when there is a Dedicated Host
- Fixed a bug where the duration of the fade-out after the pre-round countdown wasn’t consistent on client environments
- Fixed a bug where user stats wouldn’t always be saved correctly at the end of a match. (PS3/Xbox 360 only)
- Fixed a bug where placed weapons wouldn’t deal damage in certain cases
- Fixed a bug where players would respawn before the respawn counter reaches 0 when joining a match in progress.
- Fixed a bug where players would sometimes appear to spawn with weapons that are different from the ones they are actually equipped with
- Fixed a bug where players’ “Appeal Actions” wouldn’t always synchronize immediately after being activated.
- Fixed a bug where the camera would sometimes operate incorrectly after being fultoned by an enemy player.
- Fixed a bug where the BGM selected on the briefing screen wouldn’t save correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the random setting of Unique Characters was not working properly.
- New “SURVIVAL” mode has been added.
*You can play SURVIVAL even if you don’t have the EXPANSION PACK “CLOAKED IN SILENCE”,
- as long as you have a minimum of one (1) SURVIVAL TICKET.
*10 (non-stackable) SURVIVAL TICKETS are distributed during the regularly scheduled maintenance each week. SURVIVAL TICKETS do not carry over week upon week.
- It is now possible to view the personal stats screens of other players.
*Other players’ personal stats screens can be viewed from the briefing screen, scoreboard, ranking screen, etc.
*Please note that some parameters are not displayed, such as the names of the player’s characters and the number of MB Coins possessed by the player.
- The “Voice Pitch” setting has been added to the “Voice” settings in player character creation.
*There are 9 different levels from -4 to 4. The Voice Pitch setting for pre-existing characters is 0.
*You can set Voice Pitch when creating a new player character.
- “RANDOM” has been added to the list of BGM Sets you can select on the briefing screen.
*A BGM Set will be selected at random from the entire pool of BGM Sets.
*Your BGM Set will not change in the middle of a mission.
- Adjustments have been made to the damage applied to fulton balloons attached to players as well to fulton balloons attached to the missile in “SABOTAGE”.
- The settings for changes in rank have been changed for each mission type.
*Before: A large change in rank for AUTOMATCH, a small change in rank for CREATE MATCH/SELECT MATCH.
*After: A large change in rank for SURVIVAL, a small change in rank for AUTOMATCH, no change in rank for CREATE MATCH/SELECT MATCH.
- The amount of GP obtained from each type of game mode has been changed.
*Before: Large amount from AUTOMATCH, small amount from CREATE MATCH/SELECT MATCH.
- Adjustments have been made to the trigger detection conditions on placed weapons such as claymore.
- Reduced the influence of latency on player actions.
- When standing still, the player character’s head will now turn in the direction the camera is facing.
- Rank will now not be updated when joining in the middle of a game.
- When Dedicated Hosts send preset text, their names will now be displayed in yellow. A maintenance notification will now be displayed on the game screen before maintenance begins.
- The mission objective window can now be hidden via the option settings.
- New preset texts have been added.
- Score logs are now displayed while on the kill screen.
It is great to see Konami is still supporting the game even though many of the developers have working on the game had left. Konami still have plans to release a AAA metal gear game.
For more on Metal Gear Solid V stay tuned to SegmentNext.