DOOM’s return is imminent, with the multiplayer beta available from March 31.
You can check out the first official trailer here before having a look at a short summary of each of the 9 DOOM multiplayer maps below along with a brand new trailer to boot.
Here are the names of all the new maps along with a description from Bethesda themselves.
- Excavation: A modest-sized UAC mining outpost. Watch out for the rock grinder!
- Infernal: A mid-sized Hell map with both interior and exterior elements. Lots of platforms and chasms, along with teleporters.
- Chasm: This massive map takes you deep below the polar ice caps of Mars. A great place to play Freeze Tag.
- Disposal: This smaller map is the main waste processing facility for the UAC research and residential complexes. Unsurprisingly, it’s full of radioactive slime.
- Helix: This is where they experiment on demons and develop advanced weaponry. Which, naturally, makes it perfect for a quick round of Clan Arena.
- Perdition: Disjointed and sadistic, this ancient arena is populated by the agonized moans of unfortunate souls who have suffered within its realm.
- Sacrilegious: Set within a fracture of Hell, this map offers clear lines of sight. Move fast… or die faster.
- Heatwave: An industrial UAC facility with glistening halls that will soon be slicked with human (and demon) blood.
- Beneath: Before being beamed to Earth, the energies of Hell are harnessed in this symmetrical and cavernous location.
You can have a brief look at each of the maps in the new trailer here:
DOOM releases in full on May 13 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, while the multiplayer beta is available from March 31 for four days, and is available to those that received a DOOM beta code when purchasing or pre-ordering Wolfenstein: The New Order before May 26, 2014. There will be 9 DOOM multiplayer maps at launch, with no official word yet of any more to be added post-launch.