Rainbow Six Siege Patch 2.1 Out Now, Brings Dedicated Servers on Consoles
Ubisoft has released Rainbow Six Siege Patch 2.1 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It a massive patch that brings a bucket-load for fixes, improvements, changes and what not. However, the biggest addition here is dedicated servers for custom games.
You will need 1.2GB of space in your HDD to install the latest version the game. So should be we see what this patch has for us? Lets check it out.
Custom Games and Spectator Camera – Current Limitations
- There must be 10 players for a Custom Game on dedicated servers to start.
- In order to create a game with a Spectator, the spectator has to be the one creating said game as Spectator. In that case, there will be 10 players and 1 spectator in a match.
- Only one spectator can be present in a Custom Match hosted on dedicated servers.
- Even though it is on dedicated servers, if the match creator quits, the lobby is disbanded.
- These matches are invite only.
- You will have 10 minutes to fill the lobby and start to game to keep the match on a dedicated server.
- There is currently no way to return to an already started match if you leave or disconnect.
- As the creator, you won’t be able to create a new Custom Game on dedicated servers for 10 minutes if you shut down your previous Custom Game hosted on dedicated servers.
To launch a Custom Game on dedicated servers go to main menu and select
- CUSTOM GAME
- CREATE NEW PLAYLIST (or select one you already made)
- Fill Playlist Name
- Press Add a Match, then edit the details of your match and save your playlist.
- Select any of your previously created playlists, this will bring up the CREATE GAME panel.
- Decide whether you want to Create as Player or Create as Spectator.
- Select Server Type: Dedicated Server
- Allow Spectator will be automatically set to off, however you can join yourself as a Spectator.
- Data Centers can be selected for Custom Games hosted on dedicated servers.
- If players or spectators do not wish for the game to be hosted in their default region’s data center, they will be able to change when creating the game, by changing the selection from the Data Center category.
General Tweaks & Improvements
- Tweaked Blitz’s head model and hitbox to have the same amount of exposure as the other shield-wielding
- Operators and Recruits.
- Blitz’s opponents were able to headshot him with ease over his shield due to his big head model. We have reduced the size of his head model and made his shield taller.
- Added HUD presets in Custom Games to accommodate different needs
- Added ESL Pro League S1 HUD, which is the preset chosen by ESL for their tournaments.
- Altered Hardcore HUD, which is our first iteration leading to the Hardcore Mode. It is not final and is just a first step we can share as we work on completing the Game Mode.
- Operators sometimes are displayed in T-Pose, slide around the maps and don’t have any textures. – FIXED
- Headshot hits do not register properly. – FIXED (We will keep looking for additional improvement opportunities.)
- Exploit: Kapkan’s trap can have an invisible laser if specific steps are followed. – FIXED
- Exploit: Bandit could duplicate the batteries in his inventory by doing a certain behavior. – FIXED
- Exploit: Players able to clip inside walls using Deployable Shields. – FIXED
- Collar collision on Frost and Buck, make headshots register as upper body damage. – FIXED
- Glaz is able to take down Castle Barricades with only 4 shots. – FIXED
- Player able to clip inside walls by using Deployable Shields. – FIXED
- Nitro Cells stick to the edges of tiny leaves on plants. – FIXED
- Switching weapons takes Buck out of the Skeleton Key mode. – FIXED
- Blitz’s gadget blinds players who were not facing it. – FIXED
- Frost’s Welcome Mat is not destroyed when placed on a trap door which is then reinforced. – FIXED
- Sometimes, players get an infinite reload animation. – FIXED
- Sometimes, players cannot reload their weapon. – FIXED
- Player has a jammed screen if holding the drone in his or her hand near a Signal Disrupter. – FIXED
- If an attacker is killed at the same time as they finish placing the defuser, the defender won’t be able to disable it. – FIXED
- Armored barricades placed by Castle appear as intact when Castle is looking at them, while they are displayed as destroyed for other players. – FIXED
- PVE: Inconsistency between the number of AI displayed to be killed at the start of the session on Yacht and the one displayed for the rest of the maps on all difficulty levels. The amount of AI spawning was not the same as the amount of AI displayed. It was 20 on all difficulty levels while it should have been 22 (normal), 26 (hard) and 30 (realistic). – FIXED
- (PC) Cannot HOLD Sprint when Walk is set to TOGGLE. – FIXED
- Yacht: when playing during daytime with Montagne, broken glass decals are completely dark. – TENTATIVE FIX (We will be tracking for it once Patch 2.1 goes live, currently cannot reproduce the bug anymore internally. Please reach out to customer support if you experience it after the patch is live, thank you!)
- Players sometimes join a Ranked match that is already in progress. – FIXED
- Cannot Vote Kick a second player from a PVP session and Team Kill Auto-Kick and Hostage Kill Auto-Kick become unavailable. – FIXED
- Error code 0-0x00000602 is received when returning from a matchmaking game to looking for players step. – FIXED
- PVE: Broken friendly fire kick system. – FIXED
- Custom Game: After being kicked from a Custom Game session, the player is able to join through the Open to Friends option. – FIXED
Level design fixes
- Yacht ceiling glitch exploit: player is able to vault near the roof of the front end of the boat inside the map’s ceiling, gaining a tactical advantage. – FIXED
- Presidential Plane glitch exploit: Drone can jump through a wall in the Cargo and get inside the Plane’s textures. – FIXED
- Oregon glitch: an exterior brick wall could be shot through from EXT Farmlands. – FIXED
- Yacht slot machine glitch: after shooting the slot machine, it creates a vault detection that makes the player vault. – FIXED
- Yacht: exterior cameras are missing their location names. – FIXED
- Yacht: drones can go out of world at the EXT East Glacier. – FIXED
- Yacht: drones can fall in the water and out of map at the King of the World location. – FIXED
- Yacht: asset left floating after destroying wall in the Infirmary. – FIXED
- Club House: players can fall out of world when installing a booby trap in the Basement. – FIXED
- Chalet: Invisible collision present on the table located in the Dining Room at 1F. – FIXED
There are many other fixes and improvements which I left out as they weren’t as important. But you can see them all over at the official website.