Take-Two Interactive have revealed their results for the third quarter of 2016’s financial year. They have revealed that they did better than expected, with Grand Theft Auto 5 once again remaining a strong title.
In the highlights for Rockstar Games, they revealed:
- Grand Theft Auto 5 has now sold-in over 60 million units worldwide across all platforms.
- Released new free content updates for Grand Theft Auto Online, including:
- A January 28, 2016 update featuring the new ‘Drop Zone’ Adversary Mode, two new high-end vehicles and additional improvements to Grand Theft Auto Online.
- Festive Surprise 2015, featuring holiday-themed attire, Christmas trees, snowball fights, and new holiday-themed adversary modes;
- Executives and Other Criminals, which offers players the chance to run their own criminal organizations and face off against rival operations across Freemode. The update also includes new customizable real estate, super yachts, armored vehicles, weapons and much more;
- Lowriders, which adds new and upgraded vehicles including specific lowrider customization options such as hydraulics, new Adversary Modes, new Lowrider-themed Contact Missions, an array of new clothing, tattoo and accessory options, as well as upgrades to both Freemode and the Rockstar Editor’s Director Mode; and
- Halloween Surprise, featuring a new Halloween-themed adversary mode plus special vehicles, masks and more.
- Released Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories for select iOS devices. Originally designed with mobile gameplay in mind, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories returns with significant enhancements for iOS and also will be coming soon to Android.
So once again Grand Theft Auto 5 has proven to be a strong title, as has Grand Theft Auto Online. It will be interesting to see if this success can continue though.
Are you surprised at the continuing success of Grand Theft Auto 5 and the financial success it still provides? Let us know in the comments section below.