Dota 2 Patch 6.86 Notes, Arc Warden, Maps, Items, Terrains and More
Valve Corporation just stunned everyone by a telling us what Dota 2 patch 6.86 and the new Balance of Power update brings. The jaw-dropping size of everything that they are bringing us is incredible.
First and the foremost, they have introduced a new hero, Arc Warden, who comes with four abilities which are:
- Flux – “Infuses a lone enemy unit with swirling, volatile energy, slowing its movement speed and dealing damage over time.
- Magnetic Field – “Generates a circular distortion field of magnetic energy that grants evasion and attack speed bonuses to allied heroes and buildings within.”
- Spark Wraith – “Summons a Spark Wraith that slowly materializes and haunts a targeted area until an enemy comes within its range.”
- Tempest Double – “Briefly refocusing its fractured elements into a single form, the Arc Warden is able to create a perfect electrical duplication of itself.”
Then there is going to be Zeus Arcana with a new base model, effect and more. The new Desert Terrain has also been added, finally, alongside a number of other features like a Hero stats page, ultra shadow quality, desert music pack, the Desert Colosseum map, Nested Treasure II, private chat channels, new armory feed and a new Store tab.
What’s interesting here is that we have not even started on the fixes that have been made to the game with the Dota 2 patch 6.86.
Apart from new items in the form of Faerie Fire, Aether Lens, Iron Talon and Dragon Lance, Valve has added the new Arcane Rune; “three heroes enter the field of battle” namely Oracle, Terrorblade, and Earth Spirit; new neutral camp locations; changes to Death Prophet, Faceless Void, Riki, Lone Druid, and Doom; as well as a change in the map in the lands around the river.
As far as the Dota 2 patch 6.86 patch notes are concerned, the list is pretty long so we are only sharing the general fixes here:
- Added Arcane Rune
- Creep bounty increases by 1 gold per normal upgrade cycle
- Siege damage against heroes increased from 75% to 85%
- Hero base HP increased from 150 to 180
- Creeps now arrive slightly closer to the top dire tower and bottom Radiant tower
- Random Draft hero pool increased from 24 to 50
- Added Random Draft to Ranked Matchmaking
- Random Draft now uses the same picking mechanics as Ranked All Pick
- Centaur Courser now has a stacking magic resistance aura (20% for units, 5% for heroes)
- Hellbear now has a stacking magic resistance aura (20% for units, 5% for heroes)
- Dragonhide Aura’s stackable armor increased from 2 to 3
- Ancient Dragons armor reduced by 1
- Ancient neutrals now behave like normal neutrals and split experience with all heroes in the AoE
- Added a new ability to Ancient Black Dragon, Fireball + Show details
- Ancient Thunderhide’s Frenzy is now unit targetable
- Hill Troll Priest’s Mana Aura increased from 2 to 3
- Satyr Banisher’s Purge cooldown reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
- Satyr Tormenter’s Unholy Aura HP regen increased from 4 to 6
- Satyr Tormenter’s Shockwave distance increased from 800 to 1200
- Satyr Tormenter’s Shockwave speed reduced from 1050 to 900
- Satyr Tormenter’s Shockwave damage increased 125 to 160
- Dark Troll Summoner’s and Hill Troll’s attack range reduced from 500 to 400
- Dark Troll Summoner’s attack damage increased by 6
- Roshan’s base armor increased by 1
- Roshan’s Base Attack Time increased from 1.0 to 2.0
- Roshan now has +100 Attack Speed
- Added a Patrol command
- You are now able to bring up the targeting cursor when silenced, and instead get the error upon targeting
- rather than clicking the button
- Single Target with AoE effects now have a new targeting UI
- Ranked All Pick initial pre-picking time reduced from 15 to 5
- Towers no longer have a very minor experience bounty (previously was 25 XP that split evenly in an area)
- Simplified some minor damage and armor types
Head here for full patch notes.