The biggest crowdfunding game just got bigger! Chris Roberts’ Star Citizen has now surpassed the massive $100 million mark, all of which has been raised by the devoted fans of the game who have pledged funds for it ranging from tens to thousands of dollars.
On the official website of Robert Space Industries you will be able to see that a total of $100,138,980 have been pledged by 1,091,552 fans. Also, the next stretch goal appears “redacted” which is a first for Cloud Imperium.
Since they have reached the 100 million mark well before the expected time – it was previously expected that they would do so by early 2016 – the developers have also released the Alpha 2.0.
In order to keep you informed about the features that you can expect in the Alpha 2.0, the developers of Star Citizen have shared a very detailed post on the game’s website. You can check it out here. However, if you wish to avoid lengthy, time consuming reading, check out the summary of everything that they are offering below:
- EVA (Extra Vehicular Activity) – drift out of your ship’s airlock and venture into the void of space and back
- 20+ random encounters – combat and exploration (lost wrecks and abandoned space stations)
- Quantum travel – travel in ships through the vastness of space at 0.2 the speed of light
- New flyable ships including the Constellation, the Retaliator, and the Vanguard.Large world tech – explore extremely large expanses of space seamlessly, without loading screens
- Locations to explore:
- One planet (Crusader)
- Three moons
- Three distinct space stations
- One repair/restock station
- Nine comm arrays
- Wreckage to scavenge and never-ending battles in the Yela asteroid belt
That being said, the release date of Star Citizen is going to be some where in 2016 although Cloud Imperium Games is yet to announce the exact day.
Got something to say about the massive crowdfunding that has been achieved by the game developers? Do that in the comments below.