While Xbox One preview program members are doing a good job lending a helping hand to Microsoft when they need system updates tested, it also comes with the added benefit of getting your hands on any Xbox One update before others.
A new operating system version has gone live only a couple of hours ago and if you are in the preview program you should be able to download and install it. If you don’t do so despite being a member of the preview program, you will get a prompt tomorrow.
However, don’t get too excited because the said Xbox One update doesn’t come packing hordes of new features – you’ve had a number of them with the NXOE. This ones simply gives you “miscellaneous” fixes and improvements. Here is everything you need to know:
How to Get it:
- If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
- Once the update is available to your wave, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
- If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PT 12/06/2015, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
- OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1510.151203-1909
- Available: 6:00PM PST 12/04 (2AM GMT 05/12)
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
Got something to add about the new Xbox One update? Tell us in the comments below.